The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I've had covid the last week. Really sick and bed ridden for 3 days. Fortunately, I didn't have any problems with breathing. Still have headaches, sore throat, hacking cough, and loss of energy after another 4 days. It's tenacious and doesn't want to go away.

That sucks.  Hope you get better.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I've had covid the last week. Really sick and bed ridden for 3 days. Fortunately, I didn't have any problems with breathing. Still have headaches, sore throat, hacking cough, and loss of energy after another 4 days. It's tenacious and doesn't want to go away.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you recover and have no long-term effects. I'm still dealing with some things more than a year after getting over it.

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Short term memory loss?  :lol:

I was on the previous page and hit the button, but it didn't do anything. So I hit it again, and again a bit later.

Usually it'll merge recent posts like that, so you can go back and delete them. Not sure what happened this time. 

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I was on the previous page and hit the button, but it didn't do anything. So I hit it again, and again a bit later.

Usually it'll merge recent posts like that, so you can go back and delete them. Not sure what happened this time. 

Dang, I thought you just really, really, really hoped I recovered with no long-term effects.

:)

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Hope you get to feeling better and have no long term effects.

Out of curiosity, did you have Covid prior? And how many vax shots had you received?

My wife’s taste is still screwed up. She now hates things with sour cream, butter, or ranch dip. She really liked those things before and pretty much can’t stand them now. I too have spells of things tasting very off. f#&%ing covid. 

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Out of curiosity, did you have Covid prior? And how many vax shots had you received?

My wife’s taste is still screwed up. She now hates things with sour cream, butter, or ranch dip. She really liked those things before and pretty much can’t stand them now. I too have spells of things tasting very off. f#&%ing covid. 

My sister-in-law was recently in the hospital with COVID.  She had some hearing loss.  She had a friend who totally lost her hearing for a period of time then it finally came back.

Wondering if a new variant causes hearing loss instead of smell and taste loss.

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

My sister-in-law was recently in the hospital with COVID.  She had some hearing loss.  She had a friend who totally lost her hearing for a period of time then it finally came back.

Wondering if a new variant causes hearing loss instead of smell and taste loss.

IDK, I hadn’t heard about the hearing loss thing but it doesn’t surprise me. Seems like the list of things attributable to it is never ending.

17 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

It's the first time I've had covid. Fully vaxxed with a booster about 5 months ago. I may have some minor taste/smell issues, but I'm still too congested to know if it's just from my congestion or something more.

Looks like we're at the beginning of another wave as covid hospitalizations are going up:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#new-hospital-admissions

And it coincides with the new BA.4 and BA.5 omicron variants:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-01240-x