The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I thought Omicron was more transmissible but less deadly. So, more people got it and built up immunity. 

You are definitely correct about that.  

I just couldn’t remember if Delta was on its way down and then Omicron caused the huge rash of infections or if Delta was still really high, and then Omicron hit.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Thanks for the reply.   

reason I asked was I though Omicron put a wrinkle into the downtrend in Delta infections.   I could be miss remembering, but thought the vaccine was protecting good against Delta combines with previous infection was going to have Delta burn out.   Meaning Omicron would have been a net negative. But I could very well be misremembering. 

Those things could have factored into it too.  No one can really knows for sure.  My opinions are from a culmination what I've read on the subject and work discussions/experiences.  I do know that at the hospital I work at we saw a huge decrease in critically ill COVID cases when Omicron began to be the dominant circulating strain.  

16 hours ago, teachercd said:

Crazy to think that for kids starting their senior year of HS and/or college, this should be their first "normal" year.

I see some schools are still requiring masks. Is yours? 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fairfax-county-school-board-criticized-baffling-anti-science-memo-on-masking

One distrct in NY too for the really young kids. It's not even a discussion in Douglas County CO.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, nic said:

I see some schools are still requiring masks. Is yours? 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fairfax-county-school-board-criticized-baffling-anti-science-memo-on-masking

One distrct in NY too for the really young kids. It's not even a discussion in Douglas County CO.

Nope...optional if you want to wear one.

I will be shocked if I see more than 10 students in the entire school wearing them...

I saw one teacher wear one yesterday but that was it.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

“The laboratory notebooks, databases, email records, and samples of institutions involved in such research have not been made available to independent researchers. Independent researchers have not yet investigated the US laboratories engaged in the laboratory manipulation of SARS-CoV-like viruses, nor have they investigated the details of the laboratory research that had been underway in Wuhan,” the report states.

“Moreover,” it continues, “the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) has resisted disclosing details of the research on SARS-CoV-related viruses that it had been supporting, providing extensively redacted information only as required by Freedom of Information Act lawsuits.”

• Plus1 1