The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting.  I have a number of family members who work in healthcare and all of them never thought the healthcare industry would change from this.  My niece, who is a Dr. says she will always wear a mask when seeing patients.  

My counterparts in TX have said mask were optional for the past few months in their medical settings.  

More and more have been optional the past 6 weeks in the places I work too.  Though most of the providers are still wearing them, I think it’s been more of a policy for the patients in my area. 

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

18 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Well I won't click the link to see what it is, but I can tell you just by looking at the link, and the fact that it's from Fox News, that it is indeed Fake News.

https://www.news18.com/news/world/alert-deadly-covid-strain-with-80-mortality-rate-found-heres-all-you-need-to-know-6189247.html

Here you go.  You know you can actually look up info on the web and see if it can verify it on other sources.  I do it all of the time.  

• TBH 1
11 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

https://www.news18.com/news/world/alert-deadly-covid-strain-with-80-mortality-rate-found-heres-all-you-need-to-know-6189247.html

Here you go.  You know you can actually look up info on the web and see if it can verify it on other sources.  I do it all of the time.  

Thanks - my sarcasm didn't come thru.  

Fox is just a master at of taking a true story and then tweaking the headline and making the talking points of content bombastic to fan the fames of it's moths.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

3 minutes ago, commando said:

i find it shocking that scientist are studying the virus.   why the hell would they be doing that?   rrrrrraaaaaggggggeee!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.   Why wouldn’t they do more gain of function research?????  It only cost tens of millions of lives last time.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Thanks - my sarcasm didn't come thru.  

Fox is just a master at of taking a true story and then tweaking the headline and making the talking points of content bombastic to fan the fames of it's moths.  

I get it, I was being sarcastic too.  When looking at any media outlet, I use several sources.  I know some people don't trust some media sources.  I don't trust any of them.   Media and politicians are basically the same thing.  ticks sucking off of society for their own benefit.  

• Plus1 1

discount the tweeters words on his post.  Don’t care what he is saying.  That said….

Gotta give @RedDenverprops on his early skepticism on transmission rates amongst vaccinated people.  He ended up being right.  

I was on board believing the published data on transmission rates and should have been more skeptical too until more data came out.  

The severe disease and death data still favors those vaccinated, esp, in 45 yr plus ages.  But policy makers and business’s banning unvaccinated certainly made a giant mistake.  

• Fire 1

On 10/18/2022 at 7:17 AM, commando said:

i find it shocking that scientist are studying the virus.   why the hell would they be doing that?   rrrrrraaaaaggggggeee!!!!!!!!!!

They created a wicked COVID. What if it leaks? Seems like it’s possible to study COVID without creating a biological weapon. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1