The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Follow the crowd..LOL.   Do you even know how long ago I said he was my preferred 2024 candidate :lol:

Oh…but…but….but….we are all supposed to be so enamored because he got so many votes in Florida.  And….if I’m not impressed by sooooo….many votes, I have my head in the sand. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Confirms vaccine mandates were extremely stupid.  mandates for colleges were beyond extremely stupid 

Across 31 systematically identified national seroprevalence studies in the pre-vaccination era, the median infection fatality rate of COVID-19 was estimated to be 0.034% for people aged 0–59 years people and 0.095% for those aged 0–69 years.

The median IFR was 0.0003% at 0–19 years, 0.002% at 20–29 years, 0.011% at 30–39 years, 0.035% at 40–49 years, 0.123% at 50–59 years, and 0.506% at 60–69 years.

At a global level, pre-vaccination IFR may have been as low as 0.03% and 0.07% for 0–59 and 0–69 year old people, respectively.

These IFR estimates in non-elderly populations are lower than previous calculations had suggested.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Confirms vaccine mandates were extremely stupid.  mandates for colleges were beyond extremely stupid 

Across 31 systematically identified national seroprevalence studies in the pre-vaccination era, the median infection fatality rate of COVID-19 was estimated to be 0.034% for people aged 0–59 years people and 0.095% for those aged 0–69 years.

The median IFR was 0.0003% at 0–19 years, 0.002% at 20–29 years, 0.011% at 30–39 years, 0.035% at 40–49 years, 0.123% at 50–59 years, and 0.506% at 60–69 years.

At a global level, pre-vaccination IFR may have been as low as 0.03% and 0.07% for 0–59 and 0–69 year old people, respectively.

These IFR estimates in non-elderly populations are lower than previous calculations had suggested.

That doesn't confirm vaccine mandates were stupid. 

• Plus1 6
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

It really does.  Combine it with the vaccine infection rate data and it’s a slam dunk case against.  No matter how much the mandaters wish it so, the mandate made zero sense. 

The first tweet about the virus adapting now is not a reason for not having a vaccine mandate for the last two years. The second tweet shows what the IFR numbers were but it doesn't show that there should not have been mandates. The only way to come to that conclusion is either not caring about the elderly dying or stupidly thinking that there isn't transmission from one age group to another.

I'd say it's one of the most ridiculous takes for covid but sadly it's not even in the top ten.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The only way to come to that conclusion is either not caring about the elderly dying or stupidly thinking that there isn't transmission from one age group to another.

Nothing you just said is correct.  

caring or not caring about the elderly has nothing to do with, as the elderly can freely choose to get vaccinated and boosted and isolate as much as they want.  It’s a strawman in this argument that doesn’t play well.  

Your other point doesn’t work either.  You know how we know?   Vaccinated people can transmit from one age group to another just as unvaccinated can.   

This vaccine should have always been a free choice based on individual risk/reward like almost every other choice in medicine is.   And this isn’t an anti-vaccine rant as I am vaccinated

• Plus1 1

On 12/31/2022 at 1:01 PM, Archy1221 said:

Nothing you just said is correct.  

caring or not caring about the elderly has nothing to do with, as the elderly can freely choose to get vaccinated and boosted and isolate as much as they want.  It’s a strawman in this argument that doesn’t play well.  

Your other point doesn’t work either.  You know how we know?   Vaccinated people can transmit from one age group to another just as unvaccinated can.   

This vaccine should have always been a free choice based on individual risk/reward like almost every other choice in medicine is.   And this isn’t an anti-vaccine rant as I am vaccinated

The vaccine mandate was for particular occupations and traveling in confined spaces - activities that put many different people close together including those most susceptible to covid. Regardless, the problem is that covid is not just an individual risk/reward - if it was then I'd agree with you -  but we live in a society and when individual freedoms intersect with societal freedoms then compromises must be made. Getting a vaccine is perhaps the easiest compromise of all time.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

The vaccine mandate was for particular occupations and traveling in confined spaces - activities that put many different people close together including those most susceptible to covid. Regardless, the problem is that covid is not just an individual risk/reward - if it was then I'd agree with you -  but we live in a society and when individual freedoms intersect with societal freedoms then compromises must be made. Getting a vaccine is perhaps the easiest compromise of all time.

Isn't the easiest compromise of all time that you just don't need any gun other than a musket type gun for hunting? 

• Fire 1
17 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Regardless, the problem is that covid is not just an individual risk/reward - if it was then I'd agree with you -  but we live in a society and when individual freedoms intersect with societal freedoms then compromises must be made.

If it’s a regardless situation, then why isn’t the flu vaccine mandated? 

• TBH 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If it’s a regardless situation, then why isn’t the flu vaccine mandated? 

It is in some places: https://www2a.cdc.gov/vaccines/statevaccsApp/AdministrationbyVaccine.asp?Vaccinetmp=Influenza

Like I said, it's a compromise and the circumstances are going to be highly dependent on whether it makes sense for a given situation at a given time. You're the one pushing that there shouldn't have been any covid vaccine mandates.