The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Kinda one of the points they don’t work.  :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The compliance rate makes the mandates pointless.   

Utter f#&%ing brilliance.

Masking doesn’t work because mandates aren’t followed. JFC :facepalm:

Did you come up with this pure gold nugget of wisdom on your own?

#self fulfilling lack of compliance

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • TBH 3

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Good lord will you ever figure out what the discussion is about:bang

Mandates not masks!!!!

Get everyone a fitted N95 for 22 hrs a day every day for the rest of our lives and you will probably arrest some disease spread and increase life expectancy.  Why don’t we do this, because the compliance rate would make it fail! 

Guess what else will work in preventing spread….. isolation and quarantine, until people start getting back out and about.  See China and New Zealand in both instances.  

The compliance rate makes the mandates pointless.   

I don't know, man. I look back at portable truck freezers full of dead bodies, hospitals overrun with patients, no vaccine available, limited knowledge how to effectively care for sick patients. The least thing I personally could do was wear a mask and abide by mask mandates as much as possible. No point in me being an a$$h@!e about it because i don't like how it feels on my face. Even when we started to figure some of that other stuff out such as having an available vaccine, I still could still tough it out for the benefit of others. 

But some people were so selfish, they couldn't even fathom the idea from day one. Just constantly complaining about everything they see as an inconvenience to their lives. Never willing to make the simplest sacrifice to try and make a difference.

• Plus1 6
12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:
32 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Masking doesn’t work because mandates aren’t followed. JFC 

read and comprehend someday..JFC:facepalm:

mask mandates, not masking.   One reason they don’t work is compliance.   This isn’t hard to understand:thumbs

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Masking doesn’t work because mandates aren’t followed. JFC :facepalm:

#self fulfilling lack of compliance

:laughpound

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

mask mandates, not masking.   One reason they don’t work is compliance.   This isn’t hard to understand:thumbs

The problem with your argument is that the non compliance was due to people who didn't believe the pandemic was anything to worry about and many were instead believing the crap conspiracy theories being thrown around by people with ulterior motives.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The problem with your argument is that the non compliance was due to people who didn't believe the pandemic was anything to worry about and many were instead believing the crap conspiracy theories being thrown around by people with ulterior motives.

i remember something like "do not comply" when a certain party was talking about mask mandates.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You can lump some people into that category but it’s absolutely untrue to say non compliance “was due to people…) 

How many people didn’t wear their mask the right way?  Wore a cut up t-shirt as a mask?  Didn’t cover their nose? Had mask gaps around their cheeks?  Forgot a mask, but ran  into a store real quick out of convenience?  Didn’t wear a mask around people at home? Etc, etc..

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You can lump some people into that category but it’s absolutely untrue to say non compliance “was due to people…) 

How many people didn’t wear their mask the right way?  Wore a cut up t-shirt as a mask?  Didn’t cover their nose? Had mask gaps around their cheeks?  Forgot a mask, but ran  into a store real quick out of convenience?  Didn’t wear a mask around people at home? Etc, etc..

you forgot to list the "do not comply" faction of the republican party telling their constituents to ignore masks 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

:laughpound

It’s the same thing Einstein, when you use it the way you have been. I comprehend just fine. Maybe you should realize what you are actually saying and have been promoting on this board for some time now.

Are we to believe that you actually think masking works but mandates don’t? That’s just plain brilliant. I know one thing…masking sure as hell won’t work without a mandate. It only sort of worked because a bunch of knuckledraggers decided they didn’t want to comply with any mandates.

These simple concepts shouldn’t need to be explained to you ad nauseum. Yet you act like it’s others who don’t get your point about mandates :facepalm:

How many fewer people would mask without a mandate? Your argument and position on this is garbage.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3
38 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This only supports the inevitable fact that every option was wildly imperfect. 

Of course a lot of folks immediately jumped to hysterical extremes, but the experts merely claimed masks were the easiest tool at our disposal; that they were pretty good at preventing the oral spread of viral particulate, not so good at preventing inhalation. People who wore masks out of fear weren't lowering the risk factor for themselves as much as they were lowering the risk for others, including the maskless. The surgeons who wear masks during every operation aren't worried about getting cooties from the patient. 

Without compliance, it really was a wash. Option 1 was to just say "f#&% it."  In hindsight it might not have made much difference. Others likely have evidence it saved thousands of lives. 

Also, the "mandates" were all over the place; decisions made by individual businesses and localities. We had high schools three miles away from each other with completely different COVID policies. Some towns never closed down their restaurants or bars. Meat-packing plants and assembly line operations courageously forged ahead in those early days until too many people started dropping dead. 

And of course you prefer the insinuation that mask mandates were an over-reach by U.S. Democrats, but nations and governments as diverse as Brazil, Russia, Peru, Sweden, India, Mexico, Germany and the UK were hammered by COVID and none of them arrived at the magic balance of public safety and personal freedom you want to pretend was obvious from the beginning. Asian nations have a lot more experience with pandemics than the U.S., and zero of them rejected masks as ineffective. 

Are mask mandates inefficient when a significant portion of the population sees them as a political litmus test, or don't believe the science because a conservative ideology is working overtime to discredit the government and science itself as elitist? 

You got me there. 

• Plus1 5
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

No, got it from Cochran Institute:thumbs

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

It’s the same thing Einstein,

I do kinda fancy myself a little bit of an Einstein, (without the hair of course) so thank you!  I understand you tried to make it a dig at a poster which is a tell of yours when you get frustrated that your argument is a losing one.  

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Your argument and position on this is garbage

It’s also the data of one of the gold standard group of medical studies.  I like the side I’m on here and have been on.  

• Plus1 1