The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The surgeons who wear masks during every operation aren't worried about getting cooties from the patient. 

They are guarding against splash in case you didn’t know or understand.  Whether that’s cooties or actual liquid splash, I will leave that up to you.  

16 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And of course you prefer the insinuation that mask mandates were an over-reach by U.S. Democrats

An unnecessary policy by any politician regardless of party.   I don’t differ by political party like you seem to be doing. 

18 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You got me there

As usual.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Still yammering on, yelling at the clouds, not reading any of the articles that question the rigor of the study that purportedly "put's a nail in the coffin of mask mandates" all to make political "gotcha points" is really the quintessential symptom. 

Whereas someone more balanced might say "hmmm...ok. Let's see what others in the field say, that's see if more rigorous studies come out, let's not go all in on a study that has been shown, clearly to have it's limitations, even by the authors".  No, better to just dig the heels in because it's too debasing to see one's self over it's skiis on some random, anonymous internet forum.   :blink:

It's a self fulfilling prophecy by the right to refuse to comply because of "muh freedums" then spout off about it with the first inkling of the practice not being 100% effective.  

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ve always wondered how effective masking would’ve been if, you know, the other 40% of people would have actually worn the damn things out in public. And then I wonder how much more effective it would have been if they had been correctly worn N95s instead of chin diaper POS masks. Oh well, maybe there will be another pandemic sometime to provide another opportunity to see how well actual compliance actually works.

No maybe about it.  There will be another.

47 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

They are guarding against splash in case you didn’t know or understand.  Whether that’s cooties or actual liquid splash, I will leave that up to you.  

An unnecessary policy by any politician regardless of party.   I don’t differ by political party like you seem to be doing. 

A little splash in the face is definitely unpleasant. A surgeon's germs in an open incision is potentially deadly. That's the relevant distinction. You know that.

You do differ by political party. It's what you do. What we both do. I don't think there's unequivocal evidence for either of us. 

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

No, got it from Cochran Institute:thumbs

I do kinda fancy myself a little bit of an Einstein, (without the hair of course) so thank you!  I understand you tried to make it a dig at a poster which is a tell of yours when you get frustrated that your argument is a losing one.  

It’s also the data of one of the gold standard group of medical studies.  I like the side I’m on here and have been on.  

Still not actually reading or comprehending what others are writing. Please don’t change.

main-qimg-df1bf8423f1b2f3eaf0819a602d1d3

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’m kind of sick of this Covid s#!t. Tested positive again today. That makes 4x I’ve had it. Nothing terrible, just annoying. I don’t typically get sick (colds or flu) very often. This time is actually a little worse than my 3rd time which was almost nothing. But this time I’m getting the headache and my sense of taste is 95% diminished. Didn’t lose taste and smell other than the 1st time (before any vaccine) which sucked pretty bad. Im fully vaxxed and boosted x2 (4 shots total). I sure hope the vaccine is what has made these last 3x tolerable because it sure as heck hasn’t been preventing it altogether. Between the 4 shots and having had it 4 times I would think I should be almost completely immune. That’s what I get for thinking I guess.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m kind of sick of this Covid s#!t. Tested positive again today. That makes 4x I’ve had it. Nothing terrible, just annoying. I don’t typically get sick (colds or flu) very often. This time is actually a little worse than my 3rd time which was almost nothing. But this time I’m getting the headache and my sense of taste is 95% diminished. Didn’t lose taste and smell other than the 1st time (before any vaccine) which sucked pretty bad. Im fully vaxxed and boosted x2 (4 shots total). I sure hope the vaccine is what has made these last 3x tolerable because it sure as heck hasn’t been preventing it altogether. Between the 4 shots and having had it 4 times I would think I should be almost completely immune. That’s what I get for thinking I guess.

I've had it twice and everytime was within a month or 2 of getting vax/boosted. I found that kind of odd.

• Plus1 1

Do you all remember when Twitter was flagging posts and doing temp bans for people claiming COVID came from a lab. At least now you can theorize.

The Energy Department, which was previously undecided on the origin of the pandemic, now joins the FBI’s stance that the coronavirus likely spread due to a mishap at a Chinese laboratory, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing a classified intelligence report recently provided to the White House and key members of Congress. 

• Plus1 3