The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is on the list of "worst responses"...

Remember, it is a message board.  You are not defending your thesis while trying to earn your PhD

There is a reason smart phones ruined conversations at the bar.  A quick Google search shut a lot of people up!

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Examples. Provide citations. If they're really doing Trump dirty, show us how. Put up or shut up

Well... I'm a little loaded on kratom right now, i already posted a couple examples of media distortion (inaccurate reporting on Fauci & CNN's hilarious satire-sounding headline criticizing Trump for being hopeful), and frankly I don't care enough to try to persuade a board of anti-Trumpers because it's likely a waste of time, so I might get to it at another time LOL. 

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Forgive us for having the same standards as "Charlie's" bar stools...

Not M.I.T.

Yeah, but when you are at a bar with your friends...don't you talk about things you all like and pretty much agree on.

I mean...we talked about sports, movies, girls...work...crap like that. 

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Well... I'm a little loaded on kratom right now, i already posted a couple examples of media distortion (inaccurate reporting on Fauci & CNN's hilarious satire-sounding headline criticizing Trump for being hopeful), and frankly I don't care enough to try to persuade a board of anti-Trumpers because it's likely a waste of time, so I might get to it at another time LOL. 

What was inaccurate about Fauci and Trump in the Tweet you posted.

Trump said A (scientifically incorrect)

Fauci said B (emotionally hard to hear but scientifically correct)

Fauci describes why he says A and Trump says B.  Which according to Fauci is because he's a scientist and Trump's job is to try and make people feel good even though it isn't scientifically proven.

CNN: Fauci goes out of his own belief system to rationalize why the president says things that aren't scientifically true.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, but when you are at a bar with your friends...don't you talk about things you all like and pretty much agree on.

I mean...we talked about sports, movies, girls...work...crap like that. 

Those were the most Googled questions of all of them.  Who won the Super Bowl in '92?  What were the lyrics to  "California Love"?  

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Those were the most Googled questions of all of them.  Who won the Super Bowl in '92?  What were the lyrics to  "California Love"?  

Oh my god, I forgot about looking up lyrics!  Yes!  We did that!  And, record sales...and how much certain movies grossed.

God...we were losers!

12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ugggg!  

So lame that this got held up!  Anyone that voted against that should be beaten with a rubber hose.

Why? People making 25k and under need 1200 dollars just as much if not more than someone making 75k. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, teachercd said:

Oh my god, I forgot about looking up lyrics!  Yes!  We did that!  And, record sales...and how much certain movies grossed.

God...we were losers!

Google taught me there was no such thing as a "wound up douche in the middle of the night"...

• Haha 2
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Why? People making 25k and under need 1200 dollars just as much if not more than someone making 75k. 

Sure they do...I think everyone should get the same amount.

But if the choices are get 1,200 or get nothing...I want 1,200...so I want it to pass.

If option B is everyone gets 1,200 (and it just takes an extra day or two) fantastic!  I am fine with that.  I just don't want to get zero.

• Plus1 1