The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not sure why he thinks opening them will magically make him money. Operating a business with no customers is more expensive than closing said business. He will lose more money 

And he has no power to open them up when it is the localities mandating lockdown. For example, Doral is closed because of the county's order.

He's used federalism as a shield so far to defend his inaction, now he's preparing to use it as a sword to blame the economy on others.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, QMany said:

And he has no power to open them up when it is the localities mandating lockdown. For example, Doral is closed because of the county's order.

He's used federalism as a shield so far to defend his inaction, now he's preparing to use it as a sword to blame the economy on others.

Yea I'm not sure what restrictions he is planning to loosen when the federal government hasn't put any restrictions in place to begin with. So stupid

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yea I'm not sure what restrictions he is planning to loosen when the federal government hasn't put any restrictions in place to begin with. So stupid

I believe he feels he has the power to command people to come out of their houses. Where they're going to go... I don't know. Because if restaurants are shuttered, movie theaters are closed, stores are closed, they're not going to have anywhere to go to.

Maybe he's hoping his sycophants will at least come back to Doral or Mar-A-Lago so he can make a couple bucks.

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, Landlord said:

Trump loves the uneducated and they love him.

That may be true. I know people at the other end of the spectrum, highly educated people, that are asking around for all natural ways to combat the virus. Spoiler alert..there isn't enough fish oil or whatever you want to try that will kill this.  Then you have those with essential oils....I don't even know what to do with them. 

I don't know why some of you are so mad at Trump right now. You wanted him to embrace science and it sounds like he wants to embrace natural selection...what is the big deal. /sarcasm

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, jaws said:

I don't know why some of you are so mad at Trump right now. You wanted him to embrace science and it sounds like he wants to embrace natural selection...what is the big deal. /sarcasm

What's even more unfathomable is that there are still people defending him.

It's like that family in the interview I linked earlier - they believed in Trump until it literally killed one of them.

Apparently that's what it takes for some people to realize this guy is dangerous. It has to directly effect their lives. If not... they just continue on their merry MAGA way.

Utterly bizarre.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, QMany said:

I think he's just preparing to try shift the blame away from his own feet. Its his MO.

That's exactly what he's doing.  He's telling his followers that he wants to open up the businesses, but the local governments will keep the stay-at-home orders in place.  Trump can then respond "I tried to open things up and get America back and running, but these local leaders wouldn't do it.  So, if the economy is still dragging, blame your local leaders, not me."

• Plus1 4
41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

16F7d2K.gif

That's interesting... Which party continually proposes lowering the voting age? I wonder why :dunno maybe because young people don't know anything about anything and they're easy to manipulate with emotion? Hmmmm....

Also... I take part in a lot of different forums on politics. Out of every political forum I've observed, the one filled with the most idiotic, skewed, and fascist viewpoints... is Huskerboard P&R forum. It's Orwellian tbh.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

That's interesting... Which party continually proposes lowering the voting age? I wonder why :dunno maybe because young people don't know anything about anything and they're easy to manipulate with emotion? Hmmmm....

Also... I take part in a lot of different forums on politics. Out of every political forum I've observed, the one filled with the most idiotic, skewed, and fascist viewpoints... is Huskerboard P&R forum. It's Orwellian tbh.

LOL...let me guess.  Your other ones are.

MAGA is Us

Libs Destroy America

I Love Trump

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Don't be so hard on yourself...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

You know this is a direct Trump quote. Now you've seen that his words have directly killed one of his followers, and you want to just write that off as "they're morons."

I have no idea why you're bringing up "young people" in this because that's not who Trump is talking about in his "poorly educated" quote, and specifically the people he injured/killed with his words are not "young"

Banner Health, which is based in Arizona, didn't give any details on how the couple, both in their 60s, acquired the chloroquine or which Banner hospital treated them.

Maybe if you have to make all these pretzel twists in logic and outright lies to defend your president... maybe he's not worth defending.

• Plus1 1

The depths these people will go to to defend, support and backup the president is mind blowing.

Texas LT Gov basically is saying "old folks be ready to die for the sake of the economy (ie Trump hotels). 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/texas-lt-governor-suggests-elderly-should-risk-lives-save-economy-050531075.html

And though the mortality rate for seniors is much higher than for others, Patrick believes the risk is worth it to stem the economic downturn caused by the pandemic.

“Our biggest gift we give to our country, and our children and our grandchildren, is the legacy of our country,” Patrick said. “And right now that is at risk, and I feel like, as the president said, the mortality rate is so low, do we have to shut down the whole country for this?”

Patrick also believes the country will collapse if we shut down for more than three months, and when asked if that would be worse than dying, he said that it was. However, Patrick didn’t suggest that everyone go back to work immediately, just that it happens sooner rather than later, and that he’d trust President Trump to make that decision.

Earlier in the day, Trump showed signs of growing impatience with coronavirus-related shutdowns, saying he’s “not looking at months.”

• Thanks 1