Barret Pickering leaves the program

knapplc

28 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Nebraska has been spoiled with good kicking and I think that's why so many people were down on Pickering.   Let's hope this kid can live up to the billing 

Pickering was great at the end of 2018, too bad the injury happened. I also feel Contreraz will be the guy and help a ton from how bad we were last year. 

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There's an attrition thread for a reason.

I, for one, appreciate new threads when there’s significant news like this. It seems silly to bury stories in generic threads.

The past season when we had every story in one thread about the Huskers 2019 season was kinda frustrating. If you are away from the boards for a couple days, you are most likely going to miss some stories you’d otherwise read if it were in its own thread.

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

Nicole Griffith, sports at 1011, is saying she’s talked to him and it was a medical decision.  What the hell did that boy do to his leg, and how.  Either that or maybe a congenital defect that went unnoticed?

I hear that he went adventuring and took an arrow to the knee. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There's an attrition thread for a reason.

56 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

I, for one, appreciate new threads when there’s significant news like this. It seems silly to bury stories in generic threads.

The past season when we had every story in one thread about the Huskers 2019 season was kinda frustrating. If you are away from the boards for a couple days, you are most likely going to miss some stories you’d otherwise read if it were in its own thread.

What kind of moron starts a thread like that, anyway?

• Haha 1

I wish I had confidence in Contreraz, but I just don't know. Kicking just seems like such a crapshoot, and you don't hear about many juco kickers. At least he has experience kicking in games above high school level which none of our kickers last year had. And Waldoch did go 4-4 when they finally used him.

EDIT: Apparently Waldoch won't be kicking for the football team anymore, so I really hope Contreraz is the real deal.

• Plus1 1