Barret Pickering leaves the program

knapplc

6 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Nicole Griffith, sports at 1011, is saying she’s talked to him and it was a medical decision.  What the hell did that boy do to his leg, and how.  Either that or maybe a congenital defect that went unnoticed?

The rumor is he injured his hip doing the Happy Gilmore golf swing. I’m not making this up SMH....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Here's hoping that his medical issue is nothing that will affect him with any quality of life issues later on in life.  Is he eligible to go on medical scholly so he can finish up his degree?

This is second hand - so dont know if true

But injury is no longer an issue. Problem is that it was BP fault that he got hurt and straff was not happy because he didn't take things seriously and things were down hill after that.

• Thanks 1

The timing says this was the result of the coaches having a conversation with both of them.  We have some studs coming in that should provide much better kicking in 2020 and beyond.

I'm a little sad for BP as he obviously put in a tremendous amount of work to get to where he was.  I hope he gets a free ride to finish his education.  As for Waldoch, I hope he enjoyed the fun.  He has never been through a spring training and probably had no desire to.  GBR  

3 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

Not sure how it happened but I've always heard it was an acetabular labral tear.

And there was an interview with Jovan Dewitt where Dewitt says something to the effect of "Let's just say it's a pain in the a$$."

Kind of corroborated that.

As somebody else mentioned, the whole thing just kept going downhill from there.

• 6 months later...