Will Cain and Adam Rittenberg

27 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

I wonder how long that will take..for a change in Defensive priority..

At least he seems to be better than Callihan at letting the Defense have more than just a token amount of recruits.

Recruiting good on both sides.  I'm think 2021/2022 we will see what we are really going to have going forward.

• Fire 1

I see the points suggested by quite a few who point to 2021 as the year we finally put a comtender out there.  But I firmly believe 2020 will be much better than so many doomsayers are forecasting.  

This team is about 90% Frost.  The transition is mostly done.  The players have a couple years now snd another 7 months to learn and mature and get in top game shape.  

S&C no longer an excuse or

reason.  Knowledge of the schemes and plays is no excuse for all but a small handful of the true frosh and most came in Jan so have spring summer fall to

get ready for limited role.  

In my view this team should be much better.   8 wins is very reasonable.   There is way too much negativity around the program and the department in general.  Confidence is not showing because information is not forthcoming.  Now is not the time to get weak kneed.  

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

This season will tell us a lot IMO. If they open up with an impressive win against purdue who frost hasn't beaten yet and beat a good Cincinnati team then this team is probably 7-0 going into ohio state. OSU and penn state may still be out of reach but win a couple of the remaining 5 and the rebuild is working and we'll all be excited about the future.

The flip side would be stumbling against purdue again, losing to Cincinnati and being only 2-2 going into a 7 game stretch against conference foes. If that happens making a bowl game gets difficult and we'll all be sad during another offseason.

delete

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, lo country said:

Recruiting good on both sides.  I'm think 2021/2022 we will see what we are really going to have going forward.

Agree.  I'm not sure why many think Frost neglects defense.  He played defense in the NFL.  His scheme is geared toward scoring more points at the expense of a more tired defense , yes.  But that has nothing to do with not prioritizing defense, just that the stats will always look better for the offense, and worse for the defense, than the actual quality of the two.  I think last year is a great example.  Statistically our offense and defense were both around average, but in reality our offense was horrid, and our defense was not as bad as the stats will say.

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I see the points suggested by quite a few who point to 2021 as the year we finally put a comtender out there.  But I firmly believe 2020 will be much better than so many doomsayers are forecasting.  

This team is about 90% Frost.  The transition is mostly done.  The players have a couple years now snd another 7 months to learn and mature and get in top game shape.  

S&C no longer an excuse or

reason.  Knowledge of the schemes and plays is no excuse for all but a small handful of the true frosh and most came in Jan so have spring summer fall to

get ready for limited role.  

In my view this team should be much better.   8 wins is very reasonable.   There is way too much negativity around the program and the department in general.  Confidence is not showing because information is not forthcoming.  Now is not the time to get weak kneed.  

Agree with most of this.  I just think our defense is a year away.  This year will show us where we are headed though.  If this staff can win 7+ games with a very young defense, and likely every single position group being better in 21' than it will be this upcoming year -  we are headed to a good place.  

On the flip side, if Frost and staff can't win 6 or 7 games with a team (albeit young) that is now his players, his culture, his scheme now firmly implanted.......than it is likely that he bever will be great here at Nebraska. I see it like this:

7+ wins = very good sign dor the future

No bowl (less than 6 wins) = not much hope

6 wins = TBD, but more than likely a Bo Pelini like future

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I agree.  That guy sounds like a whiny b!^@h.

I mean, their are far more frigid places than Omaha (Minneapolis, Detroit, Fargo, to name a few) it was 60 degrees in Omaha in February......so kinda rediculous.  Omaha is frigid by world standards, but not by U.S. standards.

I think its the same company that has the guy say something like " pretty ambitious for a guy on a flight to OMAHAA" .  Whoever is in charge of this company must hate Omaha.

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Our next two years will rely heavily on needing the young cats to play well at DB and LB...

This year we should not be too young at DB with Williams, Dismuke, Bootle, and CTB.  We will have some young guys that will play but we should have good experience too.  Clark got his feet wet last year and should be ready to hit the ground running this year.  Lot of options on the backend.  LB..... Not so many options. but still have experience with Miller, Muaga, and Honas.  Would really like to see Henrich step up and maybe Greene situationally.  

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

This year we should not be too young at DB with Williams, Dismuke, Bootle, and CTB.  We will have some young guys that will play but we should have good experience too.  Clark got his feet wet last year and should be ready to hit the ground running this year.  Lot of options on the backend.  LB..... Not so many options. but still have experience with Miller, Muaga, and Honas.  Would really like to see Henrich step up and maybe Greene situationally.  

Agree. My worry is i hope we can stop the run.  This will be a COMPLETELY different defense.  We are swapping a run stuffing DL and slow backers/DBs, fer fast backers/DBs and a big ? on the DL.

52 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I meant for the 2021 season if we want a shot at the B10...while some guys have experience, most of them I would rather not see the field a whole lot. We need the last few cycles to get on the field THIS year. Take that step this year and the leap next. It's time

National media is largely lazy only focusing on the SEC and top 5.  They could barely rattle off coaches and key players names let alone forecast the future of a team.  Hence putting a team like ours last yr in the top 25....lazy.  Hell, I think it was cowherd in 2018 saying our offense was the weak link.  In the last stretch of games we were statistically in the top 20.  Local media is much better, the afternoon guys on 1620 are a bunch of clowns and wouldn’t know their head from their a$$.  Benning, vrz, and sharpe aren’t bad, neither was bahe towards the end.