Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

12 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Maybe I missed something but couldn't it just be the kids is dealing with an injury/sickness as the report suggests?  

Because this has been a topic for a while now.

He had a rough year.  Took a beating early in the year.  The emergence of Wandale and setting the NCAA record for the most fair catches inside the 5.

Hes a talent and I hope he stays, but I fear he gone.

1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

Mcquitty is gone too which is whatever, If he didn’t see the field last yr he certainly wouldn’t of this yr.  I hope jd returns but only if he’s 100% committed and 100% ready to return.  JD is special but anyone not 100% in the program or the game of football is someone we need to prepare being without.

• Haha 1

At the same time, Spielman doesn't hang around with a lot of teammates away from the football facility. One of his very best friends is fellow receiver Jaevon McQuitty, who's retiring from football to pursue a medical exemption. 

One has to wonder if McQuitty leaving the program will impact whether Spielman actually returns for summer conditioning, if he returns to the team at all. 

Based on what I hear from sources, it's very possible Spielman has played his last game for Nebraska. Stay tuned.

Sipple is pessimistic.

• Plus1 2

I hate to see this and we need him but rumors about JD being unhappy at Nebraska and transferring have been swirling for months. If JD is unhappy at Nebraska to the point that it’s affecting his mental health and he would rather transfer elsewhere than break nearly every Husker receiving record in 2020, then it’s probably best for both parties that he move on.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

God help us. It's exasperatingly insane how a program with the backing of millionaire boosters and an entire state can't get out of this rut. We have the hype and support that 90% of all other programs literally only dream of. 

Can't help but wonder what's really holding us back, and what kind of herculean miracle Frost is going to have to perform to turn this thing around. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

Seriously what is going on with so many guys leaving the program.  ?

I know guys get tired of the game, the workouts, school, etc.   And a coaching change (HC and or position) is sometimes a problem but geesh the sheer numbers are so high - it seems like more than half the members of the classes 2016 thru 2017 and too many 2018s are splitting.  I am all for reloading and rebuilding the roster with good players that fit and so on.  But some of the players whove left were the “best” of their classes.  Are they not helping these guys get adjusted to college life, academic rigors and so on or what?   

• Plus1 2

The kid needs some time off.  He is away from family, his best friend is no longer on the team, classes, workouts and the worse of all social media.  It can be stressful and every kid is different.  These kids read these stupid rumors and other crap and all of sudden they are trying to make everyone else happy except themselves casing more stress.  I hope he comes back, but if he does not I hope he gets things worked out.  

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

The kid needs some time off.  He is away from family, his best friend is no longer on the team, classes, workouts and the worse of all social media.  It can be stressful and every kid is different.  These kids read these stupid rumors and other crap and all of sudden they are trying to make everyone else happy except themselves casing more stress.  I hope he comes back, but if he does not I hope he gets things worked out.  

All of this.

Also keep in mind JD is an adopted kid and could be dealing with the extra burden of why and what went into that.  Does his biological parents reach out, now he has a shot at big $$ are they coming out of the woodwork. 

• Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers