Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

3 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Well I was just joking about the sitting there in silence but I know these two golf together from time to time and Frost is actively recruiting some of his players last year and this year so Im sure they talk about things that friends would talk about which sometimes includes work drama. 

Maybe this coach shouldnt have told me anything but he knew me so probably didnt think Id come blab my mouth on a message board but I care a lot about my +1s :lol: but other posters have verified this rumor by saying they have heard the same thing so it might not have happened exactly like I said but something like it occured. 

Don’t you know for this board you must have a link?  Get it together man! 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

For me, I bet JD is tired of having a different coach every single year at Nebraska...what has he had 3 different ones now?

JD could not have picked a more turbulent time to play for the Huskers as this team had a rough transition from Riley to Frost.

Going forward,  I hope he uses this time as a learning experience.    You’re going to have a lot of bosses during your career.    Chances are good you’ll have ones that you like and ones you don’t.    Try and do the best job you can regardless of the environment.    I think he has so far.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

For me, I bet JD is tired of having a different coach every single year at Nebraska...what has he had 3 different ones now?

I think that is part of the problem across the board.  5th year seniors came in with Riley, probably recruited by Bo....Looking at all the position coach changes, coordinator changes, HC change, scheme change etc.....Probably lucky we have done as well as we have....  Riley really had 1 full recruit class.  The 1st was cobbled together.  The 2nd was his and the 3rd he was telling kids to go play elsewhere....Frost had 3 classes....1st cobbled together.  So truly about 3 real recruit classes...

Gonna take a while ladies and gents....I think that was the real reason for the 2 year extension...

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think that is part of the problem across the board.  5th year seniors came in with Riley, probably recruited by Bo....Looking at all the position coach changes, coordinator changes, HC change, scheme change etc.....Probably lucky we have done as well as we have....  Riley really had 1 full recruit class.  The 1st was cobbled together.  The 2nd was his and the 3rd he was telling kids to go play elsewhere....Frost had 3 classes....1st cobbled together.  So truly about 3 real recruit classes...

Gonna take a while ladies and gents....I think that was the real reason for the 2 year extension...

We'll be pretty good this season.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
27 minutes ago, TheSker said:

We'll be pretty good this season.

I'm thinking 2021 we will really see what we have.  Hoping to be better for sure.  If we could just find a way to win the close (7 points or less) our record would turn around over nite.Culture, culture, culture.....

Honestly, I am most excited to see how we look with Greg Austin as run game coordinator.  I really like what he has said in the off season.  I think it makes a huge difference this year.  Not saying it will equate to wins automatically, but I really think we see a difference.

• Plus1 4

7 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Wish him well and thankful for his contribution to the team, but good to have closure on this. Probably should have happened last year. 

Agreed, heck of a football player but probably best for him and us that we close the book on this one. Excited for the new guys and Wandale to have a chance at filling that production.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers