Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I doubt he's done with football, being in the transfer portal. He is likely just done with Nebraska.

I don't think so either.

But I've heard several times that he might be one of those guys that is really good at football but just doesn't really love it.  Maybe he just didn't love his situation here.  But I wouldn't be shocked.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I’m not attacking him, I’m just stating my opinion and I’m not on Twitter or any other platform attacking him personally. It’s just a punk move on his part he should of transfer three years ago when the coaching changes happened. 

"What a punk" is not criticizing his decision, it is criticizing the person. Sure it's valid to question why he didn't transfer earlier, but  we don't know the specifics of his situation then or now. And without knowing that, it's impossible to say whether it is a punk move to transfer. And regardless of that, there's no need to extend that to say he, as a person, is a punk. 

I'm glad he stuck around initially, he was a rare bright spot on the field over the past few years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he could transfer down a level and be immediately eligible without a waiver, right? Not sure if he'd want to do that, but if he wants to keep playing and it's just something about the situation here that's a problem, it's an option.

• Plus1 4

9 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Wow- my initial response to this number. It is truly shocking to see in print.  I guess we pushed all in with the coach Scott Frost.  Nothing to do now but watch the cards be revealed. 

If culture was truly a main issue (as its been vocalized to the fans, many times over the past 2 years), then this could be a push in the right direction. I don't want to hear the word culture in terms of an excuse ever again though, the bad blood has to have been purged by now.

My question is if he does apply for a waver to continue playing at the FBS level shouldn't he have put his name in the transfer portal like a long time ago?  Maybe if and when these waivers are granted they are granted quickly?  I just don't understand the logic of waiting until the season is at least somewhat close to then decide to carry forward with the transfer and everything else involved with that.  Then again maybe he just wasn't 100% sure.  

12 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

"What a punk" is not criticizing his decision, it is criticizing the person. Sure it's valid to question why he didn't transfer earlier, but  we don't know the specifics of his situation then or now. And without knowing that, it's impossible to say whether it is a punk move to transfer. And regardless of that, there's no need to extend that to say he, as a person, is a punk. 

I'm glad he stuck around initially, he was a rare bright spot on the field over the past few years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he could transfer down a level and be immediately eligible without a waiver, right? Not sure if he'd want to do that, but if he wants to keep playing and it's just something about the situation here that's a problem, it's an option.

What I am saying is that his move is a punk move. Maybe that’s what I should’ve said in my first post. Football isn’t what it used to be. When I played I was taught not the quit on your teammates. College football isn’t the same any more he’ll football in general isn’t the same. I’m not saying I know why he decided to make this punk move but with all the “I’m transferring because this coach or this player hurt my feelings” it’s muddied up football. It’s a tough man sport 

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers