Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

also, no black eye for Frost over this....transfers happen all the time....if it was a culture thing then even better now that he is gone.

it has been a rough 3 years for Frost, lots of "weeding out" was done and still in progress....if that reduced his desire to focus and play here.....so be it. good luck JD.

• Plus1 1

36 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So he chooses to have a single season with his fourth coach on another team.

JD must not be THAT tired of instability. 

but this one he can contol.  Bo and Mike were both kind of blindsided.  A shock for the players as well  

42 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

JD never quit on his teammates during the season

Dude, we might wish that were the case, but the facts say otherwise. He blatantly and repeatedly quit on the team. For god's sake, he decided to take the entirety of spring camp off twice! And does anyone honestly think that was the only time he decided to take the day off?

He might have performed well on the field, but he was no leader for his teammates off the field.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

@Farms Good as he was, it would be easier for us to find another Spielman than another Wan'dale. Then again, last season we completely failed to find another Stanley Morgan, so...

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Toe said:

Dude, we might wish that were the case, but the facts say otherwise. He blatantly and repeatedly quit on the team. For god's sake, he decided to take the entirety of spring camp off twice! And does anyone honestly think that was the only time he decided to take the day off?

He might have performed well on the field, but he was no leader for his teammates off the field.

I was not aware of this.  When did he not participate in spring camp? Were injuries involved?  

@krc1995 I may have misremembered things a bit, but he didn't participate in either the 2018 or 2019 spring games, and he took a leave of absence for 'unspecified medical reasons' ahead of this year's spring camp - I think you can read between the lines on that one.He was originally going to play lacrosse - not football - at Ohio State before his dad introduced him to Riley, who lured him to play WR here. Rumors have been flying for years that his heart wasn't really in it as a football player. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he retires from football entirely.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

JD never quit on his teammates during the season, he was an absolute warrior the past 3 seasons. Also, back when I played we supported each other like family, if JD's head and soul is gonna be right somewhere else, there isn't a coach and player in that locker room  that will feel like JD quit on them.

This is very true, and why it makes it harder to see.  But everybody has to do what is best for them.  Still sucks though  :)

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I heard he was going back to playing lacrosse

I know he really loved lacrosse and was all set to play it at the next level but couldnt pass up on Football when he got a few decent offers.

Spielman seems like a kid who maybe doesnt always speak up for himself until later on. It might come off as in-decision but I just think that might be him. It seems like him/Frost just werent a fit.

I think if he can show he is going through some stuff, he could get a waiver at Minnesota. Or, he can always go for NDSU-- High level QB playing there. 

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Holy crap. I unfollowed Dirk a while ago and frankly haven't thought about him in months. This got popped into my twitter timeline and wow does this guy love to rake the muck.

He isnt wrong. He has turned into the curve that Nebraska fans wont like him regardless of what he writes, so I think he writes stuff to get some attention.

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

but this one he can contol.  Bo and Mike were both kind of blindsided.  A shock for the players as well  

Well this would have been Speilman's third season with Frost, a relationship that put him on the brink of becoming the most successful receiver in Nebraska football history and a certain NFL draft pick. So the lure of playing somewhere other than the University of Nebraska must be considerable. Ipso facto: black eye. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers