Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

37 minutes ago, Comish said:

So, how does the lacrosse love square with entering the portal? Or does the infamous "portal" convey multiple sport opportunities?

Questioning how much he truly loves football. It appears that Lacrosse may have been his first love. I think it explains how he could take multiple shots to the head- he’s friggin tough. 

18 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't want to be "that guy" but I'm kind of done with the once a Husker, always a Husker and wishing them nothing but the best when they reject us. I guess it's another consequence of the portal and CFB's morphing into a pseudo pro league. IMO they can't have their cake and eat it too. So, if a player is going to waste my team's efforts at team building, developing a culture etc., I'm not going out of my way to miss them or hope they do great somewhere else. He gone. Next.

Pretty much my take. Don't get me wrong, I like to follow Huskers in the NFL who get drafted as a Husker but otherwise my attitude to these transfers is: so be it, next man up. The people crying and acting like this is some sort of catastrophe give me a headache. Doing all this complaining isn't going to make the team better or fix anything. Just let the cards play out. 

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't want to be "that guy" but I'm kind of done with the once a Husker, always a Husker and wishing them nothing but the best when they reject us. I guess it's another consequence of the portal and CFB's morphing into a pseudo pro league. IMO they can't have their cake and eat it too. So, if a player is going to waste my team's efforts at team building, developing a culture etc., I'm not going out of my way to miss them or hope they do great somewhere else. He gone. Next.

I'm with you.  I said the same earlier. If you don't want to be here, great.  Leave.  Quit.  Stop the drama and the passive aggressive tweets. I'll still wish you luck.  But if you don't want to be here, it effects the entire team.  Not just him....

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, lo country said:

I'm with you.  I said the same earlier. If you don't want to be here, great.  Leave.  Quit.  Stop the drama and the passive aggressive tweets. I'll still wish you luck.  But if you don't want to be here, it effects the entire team.  Not just him....

This x10. When your best player at any position group isn’t happy then before long it starts to effect everyone around him. We’re at the stage right now that it’s  imperative that the leaders of our team all are in the same page and have the same goal in mind

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Too much speculation in your post for my taste

Too much speculation? Fine, then here's a cold, hard fact for you: he just bailed on his teammates entirely.

• Plus1 1

Anyone know if ultimatum was put down that he be on campus by a point in time? 

Considering he was in Nebraska working out, I’m surprised by the timing. 

Definitely don’t think it’s a lack of desire. Can’t seem him getting a waiver outside

of minny, which if true, would add a little intrigue to the thanksgiving game.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers