Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

54 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I've gone from surprised and disappointed that JD left to just laughing about the whole thing.

I pretty much already made peace with the idea of him leaving back in October when attrition rumors were going around. He was the one I was thinking of in this post when I said "it would be more of a surprise that he didn't leave sooner." As good as he was, he always seemed kinda iffy in his commitment to Nebraska, and to football in general. The only surprise to me is that he stuck around for two seasons instead of bolting immediately after Riley was fired like the rest of Riley & Keith Williams's recruits.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I've gone from surprised and disappointed that JD left to just laughing about the whole thing. Our WR corps will be what it is without him. Wandale will pick up some of his slack, as will the Freshmen, so however it goes, it goes. Our TE group is good and Mills is going to have a good year - we'll be fine.

But for a guy with JD's hurdles to just transfer to another school and play the next season... what even are the rules anymore, NCAA? This is a joke, pandemic or not.

I know JD isn't a QB but he fits into "Can you afford a Great lawyer" portion of this chart. It's an absolute joke. The fact Stevenson on our bball team had multiple coaching changes, and only played in 4 games (32 minutes) the previous season, and couldn't get a waiver, but JD can after playing every game last season with a coach that's been at the school multiple seasons, just goes to show how flawed the whole thing is.

EIJGAeFXkAUpYDd?format=jpg&name=large

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Did Nebraska block him from transferring within the BIG? This guy seems to think so...MN homer and has other not so great things to say about Frost. Goofs have one good season and they are now the best...

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/jd-spielman-transfers-to-tcu-after-nebraska-all-but-blocks-move-inside-big-ten/

Nebraska would have to sign off on the transfer so it's quite possible if not likely that they didn't want him to transfer in-conference.

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

But for a guy with JD's hurdles to just transfer to another school and play the next season... what even are the rules anymore, NCAA? This is a joke, pandemic or not.

I was thinking the same. 

Hmmm...no unforeseen change in circumstances?  No mitigating considerations?  No acts of God?

CB8FF333-3F71-431C-8A82-01C34C2E03D4.gif

5 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Did Nebraska block him from transferring within the BIG? This guy seems to think so...MN homer and has other not so great things to say about Frost. Goofs have one good season and they are now the best...

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/jd-spielman-transfers-to-tcu-after-nebraska-all-but-blocks-move-inside-big-ten/

Read an article were Tony Dungy said they were one of the next "hot spots" for up and coming programs.  We shall see.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

My, one season of taking advantage of a pillow-soft schedule and they're quite uppity, aren't they?

• Haha 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers