Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

3 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Probably left when he realized that there was NOT going to be an open QB competition this spring and knew his body could not take another beating from a QB trowing passes everywhere but on target.....just a speculation, but does make sense 

The QB to help you set the school record? Yeah, how terrible 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

18 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I saw some clown post this on twitter and thought to myself "no way someone could be that dumb"....but alas I log on to here and see the same comment. 

well, not on twitter at all and my initial post got a "like", so that is a quorum.  FWIW, why is that so dumb?  How many times was he hung out to dry by his QB throwing to God only knows where?  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Seriously what is going on with so many guys leaving the program.  ?

I know guys get tired of the game, the workouts, school, etc.   And a coaching change (HC and or position) is sometimes a problem but geesh the sheer numbers are so high - it seems like more than half the members of the classes 2016 thru 2017 and too many 2018s are splitting.  I am all for reloading and rebuilding the roster with good players that fit and so on.  But some of the players whove left were the “best” of their classes.  Are they not helping these guys get adjusted to college life, academic rigors and so on or what?   

Just my opinion but many if Riley’s guys fell into 3 categories 1) didn’t fit system 2) didn’t want to compete/put in the work 3) had no business playing at this level.  Frosts first yr was a scramble and maybe didn’t vet kids as much as they wanted/should have, kids in turn didn’t have the time so followed a coach to a blue blood off name only.  

for the guys who transferred are we really worse off.  The only player I can recall having any sort of impact is Avery Roberts.  Yes, Lindsay was a top recruit but has done nothing at OSU, neither has gebbia.  

im in on frost for the long haul and I believe he’s fixing 15+ yrs if mismanagement, poor coaching/development, and poor results.  Addition by subtraction in much of the attrition.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
49 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Probably left when he realized that there was NOT going to be an open QB competition this spring and knew his body could not take another beating from a QB trowing passes everywhere but on target.....just a speculation, but does make sense 

What a “hot take”.  Never mind that there’s actually no indication EVERY position won’t be any open competition.  In fact, coaches have all said as much, compete for position everyday every practice.  Do go on though.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

well, not on twitter at all and my initial post got a "like", so that is a quorum.  FWIW, why is that so dumb?  How many times was he hung out to dry by his QB throwing to God only knows where?  

Because JD's best season came from getting those throws from AM in 2018 and JD suffered from not having a big bodied WR lining up next to him this past season but he still had success. The problem isn't all the throws, it's the body type and lack of separation he was getting that got him smoked on a handful of plays. If taking shots as a player is cause for concern to leave the team than Wan'dale would have been gone after game 3. Hits are going to happen, but it is minimized when it's Stanley taking those shots cause they are built for that, JD is not. JD is poised to have a great season because Frost and co have that big bodied type coming in as well as another year of Hickman in the weight room. Him leaving is on his own accord, not because of what we have or why there isn't a qb competition.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, N is for nowledge said:

What a “hot take”.  Never mind that there’s actually no indication EVERY position won’t be any open competition.  In fact, coaches have all said as much, compete for position everyday every practice.  Do go on though.

Sure, gotta love "coach speak".  BTW, if you believe that, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.  Yes, please, do go on

Just now, 10_point_buck said:

Sure, gotta love "coach speak".  BTW, if you believe that, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.  Yes, please, do go on

Boy that MN game vedral started sure changed my mind, how about mccafrey’s ~20 career pass attempts.  Smothers was undefeated as a high schooler.  You bet all better than AM, healthy.  You can’t be serious.  Btw, I’m not saying neither of them isn’t better or won’t be in time, I’m saying the coaches know a hell of a lot more than you or I.  If you think you care more about winning than frost I have some magic beans to sell you.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

If JD doesn't make it back, and I have no idea if he will or not, we could be in deep doo-doo next season at WR. Last I heard through the rumor mill was Betts & Manning were both questionable in making it academically. I know last summer the word was Betts would never be able to qualify but apparently that has improved somewhat but still is not a lock. Who knows with Manning. If we are sans JD, Betts and Manning next season I don't see anyway the O can produce enough points to make up for what is appears to be a not so stellar D in games against teams with a pulse.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

If JD doesn't make it back, and I have no idea if he will or not, we could be in deep doo-doo next season at WR. Last I heard through the rumor mill was Betts & Manning were both questionable in making it academically. I know last summer the word was Betts would never be able to qualify but apparently that has improved somewhat but still is not a lock. Who knows with Manning. If we are sans JD, Betts and Manning next season I don't see anyway the O can produce enough points to make up for what is appears to be a not so stellar D in games against teams with a pulse.

Not sure about manning but my understanding with betts was it was simply an act score holding him back.  All classes were on track to graduation.

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers