Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

1 hour ago, Husker03 said:

No way that is true. Not at a major university in 2020, not with a father connected intimately with NFL, not with family support and the best everything available that money can buy. No way.

I agree, it seems like a bit of a reach as a rumor.  Everything you said is why I hope this isn't true.  It'll be a terrible look.

2 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

I don't have information on how long the concussion lasted (no clue), but the severe concussion in spring ball last year is true. Blind-side, cheap shot by a s#!tty player who was immediately kicked off the team when he hit JD... 

Who was this person?  Can anyone recall an article on this?  My mind is blank.  Thanks.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 4:46 PM, BigRedN said:

Seeing Hickman at 6' 5" and Luke as 6' 3" ... the recent hit to the WR core as well as what we are looking for, it certainly seems that it would make the most sense to see both of these players move through spring ball with the intent of moving to these positions.  We are already wanting to add athleticism and height to the WR position, with the depth at TE Fidone in the possible hopper as well, I would think think that this is a winner.  

Towards the end of last season Hickman was already practicing with the wr's and I don't see him having the mass currently to play TE anyway. I can't see moving Luke to wr this spring.  QB has it's own share of issues, AM didn't play nearly well enough to have the #1 spot just locked away and I think Luke would at least pass Vedral to be #2. Plus I'd assume they want to shirt Smothers. In the fall I can see Luke as a "packages" guy that they move around like the Saints use Taysom Hill.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Danimal said:

Towards the end of last season Hickman was already practicing with the wr's and I don't see him having the mass currently to play TE anyway. I can't see moving Luke to wr this spring.  QB has it's own share of issues, AM didn't play nearly well enough to have the #1 spot just locked away and I think Luke would at least pass Vedral to be #2. Plus I'd assume they want to shirt Smothers. In the fall I can see Luke as a "packages" guy that they move around like the Saints use Taysom Hill.

I don't disagree with your thoughts for Luke at QB.  However, what I've surrendered my mind to is that AM is Frost's QB.  He seems to be "all in" and will burn down the whole program before considering someone other than AM.  I'm having some fun in my comment but truly, Frost has convinced me that NO ONE will take his place.

For me, I'd rather see Luke at WR and use him than see him go into the portal and find a spot he will be played.  Hopefully, both AM and Luke seal the deal in their roles and both will be very happy.  However, viewing the situation with "Fantasy Football" eyes, I would currently, under these WR circumstances, look to play look at WR if he ends up being an impact player worthy of the start.

39 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I don't disagree with your thoughts for Luke at QB.  However, what I've surrendered my mind to is that AM is Frost's QB.  He seems to be "all in" and will burn down the whole program before considering someone other than AM.  I'm having some fun in my comment but truly, Frost has convinced me that NO ONE will take his place.

For me, I'd rather see Luke at WR and use him than see him go into the portal and find a spot he will be played.  Hopefully, both AM and Luke seal the deal in their roles and both will be very happy.  However, viewing the situation with "Fantasy Football" eyes, I would currently, under these WR circumstances, look to play look at WR if he ends up being an impact player worthy of the start.

Others have said this without ANY evidence to back it up.  Every qb on roster are “frosts guys”. You know what I’m sure of....frost wants to win worse than any keyboard warrior.  Luke may have packages where both are on the field at the same time having him lined up at “wr” but to suggest they move him to wr is silly.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers