Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

No way Moos fires Frost until at least year 5 or 6. Recruiting has been good. Offensive line should be better. We stonewalled a good Iowa team and almost beat them without JD or Wandale. Chinander might figure some things out and eventually we'll see a Frost offense filled with experienced weapons. Give it time.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

No way Moos fires Frost until at least year 5 or 6. Recruiting has been good. Offensive line should be better. We stonewalled a good Iowa team and almost beat them without JD or Wandale. Chinander might figure some things out and eventually we'll see a Frost offense filled with experienced weapons. Give it time.

Moos isn't firing Frost at all, they are tied at the hip. Hoiberg too.  Moos retires before that happens and the next guy would have to fire Frost.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Others have said this without ANY evidence to back it up.  Every qb on roster are “frosts guys”. You know what I’m sure of....frost wants to win worse than any keyboard warrior.  Luke may have packages where both are on the field at the same time having him lined up at “wr” but to suggest they move him to wr is silly.

Enjoyed your response.  Thanks for taking the time to articulate.

If believe I understand your point ... yet, I will suggest that you did not cat h my point.  You confirm this view to me in that you state the idea as "silly".  

I have no problem with the idea being suggested as "silly", yet, the point is that if AM really is Frost's guy, and Luke can break into the starting WR area [since we only have at this point in time] then to me, it's better to have Luke as a starter at WR then to have him as a #2 QB with little to no impact t other than these few packages.  To me, I want him on the field if he breaks through at QB or WR [given the need for someone to break into the starting WR group].

From what it sounds, between AM, Luke and Vedral, there might not be much difference between all three.  Luke seems a bit weak in the arm but has flashed with his running.  Vedral seems solid but not at the level of AM.  

Thus, for me, I'm moving Luke to WR if there is not much advantage to who backs up AM AND Luke wins the starting spot at WR.  FYI, it would be my opinion that if Luke is used sparingly at QB, WR and or these packages, I can project him considering the portal.  Especially as we go 6-6 or 5-7 and AM does not play well and continues to misfire.

You do highlight a point I am in complete agreement with ... that "Frost wants to win more than any keyboard warrior."  Totally agree.  I'm just not convinced he is humble enough yet to admit his part with important mistakes in what seem to end in two more losses then if not for him, we would win.  In any event, He has another season to "put up or shut up".  For me, I won't be upset to go 6-6 or 5-7 ... but if AM is who he has been and nothing changes, it will be sad to see Luke lose an opportunity at QB or impacting the WR group.  If that happens, I'll be at least happy for Luke to move on to the portal and hope that no Husker fans will be upset or angry that Luke moved on.  I am grateful that I do believe Scott knows more than I ... I just hope that since these are "his guys" he really knows what they are thinking.  We got surprised when we Gebbia transferred.  It caught Frost and Verduzzi by surprise.  Let's not have that happen again.  To me, that is on the staff, not Gebbia.

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Enjoyed your response.  Thanks for taking the time to articulate.

If believe I understand your point ... yet, I will suggest that you did not cat h my point.  You confirm this view to me in that you state the idea as "silly".  

I have no problem with the idea being suggested as "silly", yet, the point is that if AM really is Frost's guy, and Luke can break into the starting WR area [since we only have at this point in time] then to me, it's better to have Luke as a starter at WR then to have him as a #2 QB with little to no impact t other than these few packages.  To me, I want him on the field if he breaks through at QB or WR [given the need for someone to break into the starting WR group].

From what it sounds, between AM, Luke and Vedral, there might not be much difference between all three.  Luke seems a bit weak in the arm but has flashed with his running.  Vedral seems solid but not at the level of AM.  

Thus, for me, I'm moving Luke to WR if there is not much advantage to who backs up AM AND Luke wins the starting spot at WR.  FYI, it would be my opinion that if Luke is used sparingly at QB, WR and or these packages, I can project him considering the portal.  Especially as we go 6-6 or 5-7 and AM does not play well and continues to misfire.

You do highlight a point I am in complete agreement with ... that "Frost wants to win more than any keyboard warrior."  Totally agree.  I'm just not convinced he is humble enough yet to admit his part with important mistakes in what seem to end in two more losses then if not for him, we would win.  In any event, He has another season to "put up or shut up".  For me, I won't be upset to go 6-6 or 5-7 ... but if AM is who he has been and nothing changes, it will be sad to see Luke lose an opportunity at QB or impacting the WR group.  If that happens, I'll be at least happy for Luke to move on to the portal and hope that no Husker fans will be upset or angry that Luke moved on.  I am grateful that I do believe Scott knows more than I ... I just hope that since these are "his guys" he really knows what they are thinking.  We got surprised when we Gebbia transferred.  It caught Frost and Verduzzi by surprise.  Let's not have that happen again.  To me, that is on the staff, not Gebbia.

Good response that provided some context.  I’d disagree on a couple points.  #1 Luke came here knowing the qb room and knowing there was likely a 3 yr starter in front of him, of course, this assumes he sees any competition as real.  Nobody has any evidence suggesting it won’t be a “real” competition.  #2. Frost just said today he wants like focused on winning the qb job, which should go through the fall.  Luke is a tremendous athlete but if he only starts practicing at wr after the qb job is decided and makes the top 3-4 god help us it’s going to be a long season.  #3. It’s a long season and we’ve yet to see a whole season made through without a backup qb needed, I’d rather have Luke be ready and install special packages for him game to game #4. You made mention  that if AM is who he has been...you mean a preseason heisman candidate.  AM certainly didn’t live up to expectations last yr but he had a great frosh yr, so at best you could say his career is still largely undecided.  #5. You also made mention of two games we would have won sans AM, I have no idea what games you could be talking about.

last, I think I’m most optimistic for two reasons.  Lubick and some significant increases in athleticism on the offensive side.  Nothing against walkons but I’m not sure I want to see 3 of them on the field at the same time, at skill positions, two being underclassmen, against Iowa, that wouldn’t see the field at any other big10 school. 

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

Can I sign up for more ads to not see any more. .1 posts?

I dont know, I kind of like his tenacity.

So many of the trolls here just give up after they get blocked ... He just keeps coming back with obvious names, posts Bo Pelini-esque rants, gets blocked and comes back for more.

Now-a-days trolls quit too easily.

• Plus1 3
On 3/5/2020 at 6:24 AM, N is for nowledge said:

Again, my point was he’s never finished a whole season.  Some on here would like to blame AM for all the offenses issues, giving others a pass.  It’s shared amongst all of them, coaching staff included.  

The line stunk and that ruined everything else.  Of course, AM not having enough support from the skill positions didn't help either.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

Guys I am crying. I can't take it. This is amazing. 

I will take MORE ADS. ALL OF THE ADS. Just let him keep posting. It feels so good. These are the 3 best 15-post pages I've ever read on Huskerboard. 

There is something to be admired here, right?

There's kind of a never say die, whiskey for breakfast, drinking your own bathwater kind of brilliance to it all.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers