Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

4 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Reading through the twitter feeds - I'm not sure Nebraska fans are doing our team any favors.  Some people are just plain rude.  The young man hasn't even announced his intentions to do anything yet and people are really giving him a hard time.  smh

The majority of people aren't very considerate and don't act very smart.  The internet allows people to 1. Hide from having to say things to someone's face and 2. Post stuff super fast without considering what they're saying.  It's the main reason I choose to not be on social media. I feel I should be deliberate and intentional if I really want to send someone a message.

Edited by runningblind
Does huskerboard count as social media? Haha.
  • Plus1 3

15 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Your snarky reply doesn't change the fact that you blatantly blamed our head coach when you clearly have zero clue about anything between SF and Spielman or their relationship etc.  Also watch your f'n mouth as 'chief' isn't my name the last time I checked...

Well then remove the "chief." which was unnecessarily flippant (but not quite "watch your fukkin' mouth" flippant) and what's so snarky about the reply?  There is nothing but speculation in here, including JD Spielman's lack of effort and draftability, and the presumed worthiness of any fresh recruit Scott Frost brings in. 

It's not a "weird agenda" as Knappl keeps speculating, but a legit concern that the culture still isn't clicking in year three of Frost's tenure, and JD's potential departure feels like part of that . Never said Frost can't turn it around. Didn't "blatantly blame" him for JD.  But for the first time I feel we're still a couple years away. Anyone who says they predicted the 2019 season would turn out the way it did is lying. 

You know what else is a black eye for Nebraska football? Maurice Washington's legal problems and his uncertain future with the team. In no way is it blatantly Scott Frost's fault. It may not be fair at all. But it's still a black eye in the perception of the program. JD's unhappiness here would just add to it.

And no, it wouldn't matter as much if the Huskers were winning. Don't for a second assume I"'m not rooting for Frost to succeed. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well then remove the "chief." which was unnecessarily flippant (but not quite "watch your fukkin' mouth" flippant) and what's so snarky about the reply?  There is nothing but speculation in here, including JD Spielman's lack of effort and draftability, and the presumed worthiness of any fresh recruit Scott Frost brings in. 

It's not a "weird agenda" as Knappl keeps speculating, but a legit concern that the culture still isn't clicking in year three of Frost's tenure, and JD's potential departure feels like part of that . Never said Frost can't turn it around. Didn't "blatantly blame" him for JD.  But for the first time I feel we're still a couple years away. Anyone who says they predicted the 2019 season would turn out the way it did is lying. 

You know what else is a black eye for Nebraska football? Maurice Washington's legal problems and his uncertain future with the team. In no way is it blatantly Scott Frost's fault. It may not be fair at all. But it's still a black eye in the perception of the program. JD's unhappiness here would just add to it.

And no, it wouldn't matter as much if the Huskers were winning. Don't for a second assume I"'m not rooting for Frost to succeed. 

Maurice already gone, Sarge. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I'm just curious how Keith Williams keeps ending up back in Nebraska. Last I'd heard was when he was down in San Antonio with Riley. Did Tyjon drive him, since he can't drive himself?

18 minutes ago, Toe said:

I'm just curious how Keith Williams keeps ending up back in Nebraska. Last I'd heard was when he was down in San Antonio with Riley. Did Tyjon drive him, since he can't drive himself?

Williams should be able to drive himself by now, that DUI was darn near 4 years ago.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Williams should be able to drive himself by now, that DUI was darn near 4 years ago.

Wasn't that his 3rd DUI? Hopefully he got some help and has made changes in his life. Statistically, a person has on average driven drunk 80 times before they get caught. If this is accurate, it makes me wonder if Keith Williams has ever actually driven sober. 

But this thread is not about Williams...so I hope Spielman is back in a Nebraska uniform in the fall.

• Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers