Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

Word is Spielman has been in Lincoln on and off for the last several months but really hasn't talked to the coaches.  He also dropped all his classes in April so he get no credit for the spring semester.  He would need a waiver to be eligible in the fall.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Wasn't that his 3rd DUI? Hopefully he got some help and has made changes in his life. Statistically, a person has on average driven drunk 80 times before they get caught. If this is accurate, it makes me wonder if Keith Williams has ever actually driven sober. 

But this thread is not about Williams...so I hope Spielman is back in a Nebraska uniform in the fall.

Shoot, that number (80) doesn't shock me at all.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is Spielman has been in Lincoln on and off for the last several months but really hasn't talked to the coaches.  He also dropped all his classes in April so he get no credit for the spring semester.  He would need a waiver to be eligible in the fall.

How does that work with a scholarship? Don't you have to take classes to remain on?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

That would seem like the way this is going to play out. Why participate in football workouts if you weren't planning on returning to football?

1 minute ago, Treand3 said:

That would seem like the way this is going to play out. Why participate in football workouts if you weren't planning on returning to football?

He's hoping the XFL is back next year?

/s

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Interesting.  Maybe he's just burned out with football.  I feel for him, but at the same time it might be best to move on.  As talented as he is, if you're not 100% in, then you're no good for the team.  Maybe he just needed some time to figure stuff out.  Whatever happens, I wish him the best.  

Talked to a Nebraska high school head coach today that told me Spielman is a cancer on the team. Tried to stage a “coup” as he called it against coaches last year when they practiced outside before going to Minnesota because it was too cold. Said he tried to get players to skip practice. Said Frost is trying to play it nice with public because Spielman is about to break school records but he does NOT want Spielman to return. He also said Frost didnt realize the extent of the problems Riley created when he took job. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
29 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Talked to a Nebraska high school head coach today that told me Spielman is a cancer on the team. Tried to stage a “coup” as he called it against coaches last year when they practiced outside before going to Minnesota because it was too cold. Said he tried to get players to skip practice. Said Frost is trying to play it nice with public because Spielman is about to break school records but he does NOT want Spielman to return. He also said Frost didnt realize the extent of the problems Riley created when he took job. 

Heard this same rumor second hand today as well.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Tried to stage a “coup” as he called it against coaches last year when they practiced outside before going to Minnesota because it was too cold

A kid born in Minnesota complaining about the cold in Lincoln? :huh:

5 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Another board at the end of the year said similar....See ya.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers