Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

6 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It appears that if JD were not leaving we would know it by now.  Its unfortunate but time has come to let it go.  

Probably best to avoid derogatory remarks and vicious rumors that may be unfounded and unfair to

the team and all involved.  

agree, he is not around, next topic..

Spielman's status 'unclear'

* Nebraska senior-to-be JD Spielman, easily the team's leading receiver in 2019, hasn't been involved in those optional workouts and his status for the 2020 season remains uncertain. He has been away from the team since early March because of a personal health matter.

"We continue to hope the best for him," Frost said. "We're anxious to have resolution on everything." 

Might Spielman be on hand Monday, or sometime soon?

"I'd say it's unclear," Frost said.

The 5-foot-9, 180-pound Spielman, of Eden Prairie, Minnesota, last season logged 898 receiving yards (18.3 per catch), becoming the first player in school history to amass three 800-yard receiving seasons in a career. Granted, he's starred on teams that went 4-8, 4-8 and 5-7. What's more, he benefited in 2017 and 2018 from defenses keying on Stanley Morgan. Even so, Spielman's consistent excellence is undeniable.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 5/30/2020 at 6:59 PM, Frott Scost said:

Because Frost recruits at his school

and I assume communicates with him when they are together. Maybe its a silent recruiting relationship and they just sit there and stare at each other but I doubt it :lol:

So if they aren't gossiping about drama on the team they have to sit there and stare at each other in slinece? That's what recruiting relationships are built on? Talking bad about the players on your roster? 

Seems kind of dicey- especially since this coach appears to be a bit of a blabbermouth.

Again, this could all be true but Frost talking smack about good players to HS coaches isn't great.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, macroboy said:

So if they aren't gossiping about drama on the team they have to sit there and stare at each other in slinece? That's what recruiting relationships are built on? Talking bad about the players on your roster? 

Seems kind of dicey- especially since this coach appears to be a bit of a blabbermouth.

Again, this could all be true but Frost talking smack about good players to HS coaches isn't great.

Describing this as Frost "talking smack" is a bit of a stretch.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Last week, Moos said that a NU student-athlete tested positive for COVID-19 in recent months. It would be a HIPAA violation for the University to release the name of that student-athlete. 

Don't sorry, us posters will figure it out and name him with clues like...

Can't say who it is but it rhymes with Bartinez...and I heard he got it from Bobinson.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, macroboy said:

Well I was just joking about the sitting there in silence but I know these two golf together from time to time and Frost is actively recruiting some of his players last year and this year so Im sure they talk about things that friends would talk about which sometimes includes work drama. 

Maybe this coach shouldnt have told me anything but he knew me so probably didnt think Id come blab my mouth on a message board but I care a lot about my +1s :lol: but other posters have verified this rumor by saying they have heard the same thing so it might not have happened exactly like I said but something like it occured. 

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Well I was just joking about the sitting there in silence but I know these two golf together from time to time and Frost is actively recruiting some of his players last year and this year so Im sure they talk about things that friends would talk about which sometimes includes work drama. 

Maybe this coach shouldnt have told me anything but he knew me so probably didnt think Id come blab my mouth on a message board but I care a lot about my +1s :lol: but other posters have verified this rumor by saying they have heard the same thing so it might not have happened exactly like I said but something like it occured. 

I just gave you a +1

• Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers