Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

7 hours ago, VizionNE said:

Anyone know if ultimatum was put down that he be on campus by a point in time? 

Considering he was in Nebraska working out, I’m surprised by the timing. 

Definitely don’t think it’s a lack of desire. Can’t seem him getting a waiver outside

of minny, which if true, would add a little intrigue to the thanksgiving game.

Sneaky good landing spot for him would be going to NDSU to play with Trey Lance who is getting tons of run right now.  That's assuming a few things of course like not being able to get a waiver, JD actually wanting to still play football, his mental health and a few other things.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Sneaky good landing spot for him would be going to NDSU to play with Trey Lance who is getting tons of run right now.  That's assuming a few things of course like not being able to get a waiver, JD actually wanting to still play football, his mental health and a few other things.

That would be a good to great landing spot for JD, especially considering he would be able to play right away. I'm not sure with everything going on if the NCAA will have time to process his request before the season. Also going to NDSU to play with a future 1st rounder would help boost his draft stock - if he is still inclined to play football as you astutely point out. 

• Plus1 1

Didn’t really consider NDSU, but that could be a good landing spot. With all the negative noise in Minny (state not football program) I could see someone passing on that situation. 

With that said: I’d like him to go to Minny so Nebraska could give him an appropriate farewell at the turkey day game. The guy balled out and laid it on the line for a team winning 4 games a year. #respect 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, VizionNE said:

Didn’t really consider NDSU, but that could be a good landing spot. With all the negative noise in Minny (state not football program) I could see someone passing on that situation. 

With that said: I’d like him to go to Minny so Nebraska could give him an appropriate farewell at the turkey day game. The guy balled out and laid it on the line for a team winning 4 games a year. #respect 

I don't know if I could stand the Minny fans I know if he transferred there and was eligible. I would also like to see him play, and would hope most of the fans would choose to recognize all he did here instead of getting mad about him leaving. SDSU is supposed to be good and we play them as well. But I suppose the smart thing to do assuming he's going to keep playing would be pursue the waiver and a FBS school, and if that doesn't work FCS.

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

The other side is doing just as much assuming as @krc1995 is..

We don't know wha'ts up.  We only have assumptions.  But what evidence we do have is Frost saying he left for mental health.  You can still play football and suffer from depression or something like that.

If he needed to be closer to home or needed a fresh start to help him with his mental illness, so be it. 

The reason I mentioned it. Which I thought at the time could violate some privacy law.  

17 hours ago, Saunders said:

This isn't as significant as it seems. A lit were walk ons who jumped into the class when SF got here.  Others were going to be career back ups, looking for an opportunity and a few had family issues.  Nothing to see here. Not significant

14 minutes ago, HANC said:

This isn't as significant as it seems. A lit were walk ons who jumped into the class when SF got here.  Others were going to be career back ups, looking for an opportunity and a few had family issues.  Nothing to see here. Not significant

Yeah I don't think this is really that big of a deal.  Honestly, I think football transfer portal numbers are going to skyrocket.  I'm not sure if it will get as big as basketball, but it will be close especially if one-time free transfers get passed and as endorsement deals for players start to explode.

23 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

The reason I mentioned it. Which I thought at the time could violate some privacy law.  

I think Frost said mental health and mental illness. I could be wrong though. If Frost said it was for mental health, that is such a broad term that he definitely didnt violate any kind of HIPAA law. To be honest, mental illness is probably broad enough that he is still in the clear. 

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, Mavric said:

And his heart and head might no longer be in it.  And it might be because he kind of lost his love for the game.  

That was a reasonable theory until JD decided to go through all the additional work and grief to join a different football team. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

That was a reasonable theory until JD decided to go through all the additional work and grief to join a different football team. 

I don't think the case is closed yet.  Maybe he just wants to leave his options open in case he finds something he likes.  Maybe you have to enter the portal even if you're going to go play lacrosse somewhere else.

And maybe his heart just wasn't in it here but a fresh start would change things.

Assuming it's grief is really spinning it to your view.

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, SFW said:

Now who’s AMart going to stare down and throw high over the middle to?

Wan’Dale lots of hospital passes coming your way!

This is mean and snarky but not entirely untrue.

There were games where I thought JD and Wan'dale simply weren't going to survive. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers