Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

I'm hoping JD goes to Minny and gets to go to Minny.  That's where his family is ... that's where a lot of his buddies went ... it's a good setup for him to finish out his career.  Hopefully, he won't get put out for a big hit across the middle as much.

He was fun to watch.  He isn't gonna be playing here ... and I can get past my personal disappointments on this.  I gave up fantasy football four years ago as it made me make Sunday all about me, my team and my skills.  For me, I think as I look back I can see that same sickness as I looked at the players I felt "should" choose :bigredn: over anyone else.  I think this comes in to play a lot with folks very loud and expressed opinions on the topic.  I'm not above any of it ... so I have no "holier than thou" on it.  I'm guilty.

All the best to JD.  I hope he gets to do what he wants to do ... both in his college and professional career.  Would have loved to see him at :bigredn: for his Senior year.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't really think that's a fair portrayal.  More just a way to take a shot at a guy as he's headed out the door.

But it's not entirely lacking truth either.

I think you could make this "argument" for a lot of guys the past few years at NU....And a lot of other schools. Much ado about nothing IMHO.  

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

If he receives a waiver, I would assume that Frost understands and supports his choice. Which would make me assume that most of what people have been saying about him being a poor team and trying to lead a halfass mutiny against the staff is all smoke no fire. 

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

I would agree with that. That's gonna require way more proof than anything I've seen, and so far it's just internet rumors.

And, really, I don't know that I care to see that proof anyway. He's moved on, it's next man up, and hopefully it's the best move for everyone.

FWIW, I have it from a very reliable and well connected with the program source that there was definitely something more than smoke as regards not wanting to practice outdoors the week of the Minny game and it did it involve something that could be considered a half-a$$ mutiny. IDK about all the other speculation but that one was confirmed to me by someone who doesn't spread rumors and would know.  It doesn't seem to jibe well with some of what JD has done on the field and the beatings he took when he was virtually our only receiving threat but it sure fits like a glove if we revisit how the team performed specifically in that game.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

The one where you quit discussing when you didn't have an answer?

No, the one where I was working with a simple premise that you refused to understand, whether you agreed with it or not. 

Like this one. 

Refresh my memory, chief. What exactly did I refuse to answer? 

I'll take my answer in PMs, since you're starting to piss me off. 

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No, the one where I was working with a simple premise that you refused to understand, whether you agreed with it or not. 

Like this one. 

Refresh my memory, chief. What exactly did I refuse to answer? 

I'll take my answer in PMs, since you're starting to piss me off. 

I'm not refusing to understand anything.  I'm just saying what you are using to discount an option isn't really a valid reason to discount it.

11 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

FWIW, I have it from a very reliable and well connected with the program source that there was definitely something more than smoke as regards not wanting to practice outdoors the week of the Minny game and it did it involve something that could be considered a half-a$$ mutiny. IDK about all the other speculation but that one was confirmed to me by someone who doesn't spread rumors and would know.  It doesn't seem to jibe well with some of what JD has done on the field and the beatings he took when he was virtually our only receiving threat but it sure fits like a glove if we revisit how the team performed specifically in that game.

Link?

• Haha 4
43 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not refusing to understand anything.  I'm just saying what you are using to discount an option isn't really a valid reason to discount it.

Okay, now it's my turn: I honestly don't understand what you're saying here.

What option did I discount? I think I already used way too many posts to suggest that there may be two sides to the story, probably several sides to it. For some reason only one side is accused of baseless speculation. 

The COVID-19 thread just referred to a baseline methodology used by Johns Hopkins and others to gauge fatality rates. It didn't have an agenda. For some reason it baffled you and you wouldn't let it go. 

(Seriously, we should have taken this to PMs. We're losing the crowd.)

• Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers