Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers

2 hours ago, RedSavage said:

Link?

:lol: I was waiting for that one.

I completely understand if anyone wants to doubt this. Hell I would. But I'm not going to throw my source under the bus. He is always very tight-lipped but this time I guess he figured what the heck since JD announced for the portal. Of course he didn't share before the announcement...

16 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

:lol: I was waiting for that one.

I completely understand if anyone wants to doubt this. Hell I would. But I'm not going to throw my source under the bus. He is always very tight-lipped but this time I guess he figured what the heck since JD announced for the portal. Of course he didn't share before the announcement...

It interesting because that was the only game, outside of OSU, where I felt we were completely overmatched. But a lot of it seemed mental and it just meant more to Minnesota that night.

26 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

It interesting because that was the only game, outside of OSU, where I felt we were completely overmatched. But a lot of it seemed mental and it just meant more to Minnesota that night.

Ya that game sticks out to me as one that just left you scratching your head at what happened. It felt like the team fought over the hump of beating Northwestern and was ready to build on something and then no one showed up in Minnesota. The Indiana and Purdue games were awful but at least the team put up a fight. That Minnesota game it just seemed like no one cared at all.

44 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Ya that game sticks out to me as one that just left you scratching your head at what happened. It felt like the team fought over the hump of beating Northwestern and was ready to build on something and then no one showed up in Minnesota. The Indiana and Purdue games were awful but at least the team put up a fight. That Minnesota game it just seemed like no one cared at all.

For sure, it was bizarre. I kind of chalked it up to the weather and not having AM, and I guess you could argue the weather was a factor if players were refusing to practice in it. A couple guys played hard, but not most - and once Wan'Dale went down, I think even more threw in the towel. It was my least favorite game to watch.

If we got a spark somewhere in the first half (converting the 4th down on the opening drive, not having an idiotic block in the back on a huge Wan'Dale catch and run, keeping the field position when we had them at 3rd and 9 inside their own 10)) it could've been totally different. But we were lethargic from the start, and were then pummeled into submission even more. I'm not saying we would've won, but for how poorly we played it was still relatively close at halftime. 

Just now, OH HSKR FAN said:

They mailed it in that night in Minneapolis.     Not mentally prepared to play a game.  Must have been a lot of drama that week.

Yeah, that actually makes me fell a little better about that game being an anomaly.  Sound like there was a lot of other things going on that didn't help game prep.

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

FWIW, I have it from a very reliable and well connected with the program source that there was definitely something more than smoke as regards not wanting to practice outdoors the week of the Minny game and it did it involve something that could be considered a half-a$$ mutiny.

I'm curious as to why he wouldn't want to practice outdoors that week? Going back to the weather calendar for the week leading up to the Minn. game it looks like there wasn't particularly terrible. Nice early in the week if maybe a little windy when they practice but not cold. Thursday was dropping temps and a little rain when at the time they practice. The wind came up starting at about 9:00am but by then practice should have been finished shouldn't it? Friday morning was mid 30's with 15-20 mph winds but isn't that a travel day? Do they do a walk through at home before traveling? Regardless, it was similar to the game conditions.

I guess it could understand if it were -10° with a gale blowing but being from Minn I would have thought the conditions they had that week would have seemed mild to him. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

"Fresh start" also tells me he's going to keep playing.

It's not football burnout. It's Nebraska burnout, or coaching staff burnout.

Either way, what ever the meaning, see ya.  Nothing personal, no ill will, but glad the drama is over.  Better for the program,  the team and JD IMHO.   

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
58 minutes ago, The Dude said:

100% of the 2017 starting lineup is now gone.

Brenden Jaimes, Matt Farniok, Ben Stille, Dicaprio Bootle, Jack Stoll, and Marquel Dismuke all had at least one start in 2017, and are still on the team. :P

• Plus1 5
  • Mavric changed the title to Spielman, McQuitty Depart Huskers