Jump to content
seaofred92

Spielman taking leave of absence, McQuitty retires

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jeremy said:

It's exasperatingly insane how a program with the backing of millionaire boosters and an entire state can't get out of this rut. We have the hype and support that 90% of all other programs literally only dream of. 

 

 

Maybe that's why we're in the rut.

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Jeremy said:

It's exasperatingly insane how a program with the backing of millionaire boosters and an entire state can't get out of this rut. We have the hype and support that 90% of all other programs literally only dream of. 

 

 

Maybe that's why we're in the rut.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Probably left when he realized that there was NOT going to be an open QB competition this spring and knew his body could not take another beating from a QB trowing passes everywhere but on target.....just a speculation, but does make sense 

 

Yikes. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

Just my opinion but many if Riley’s guys fell into 3 categories 1) didn’t fit system 2) didn’t want to compete/put in the work 3) had no business playing at this level.  Frosts first yr was a scramble and maybe didn’t vet kids as much as they wanted/should have, kids in turn didn’t have the time so followed a coach to a blue blood off name only.  
 

for the guys who transferred are we really worse off.  The only player I can recall having any sort of impact is Avery Roberts.  Yes, Lindsay was a top recruit but has done nothing at OSU, neither has gebbia.  
 

im in on frost for the long haul and I believe he’s fixing 15+ yrs if mismanagement, poor coaching/development, and poor results.  Addition by subtraction in much of the attrition.

You forgot pot smokers. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

If he's gone, making a bowl just got harder.  The further removed from relevance, the closer we seem to get to the abyss......Maybe he didn't like Walters being let go.  Maybe doesn't like what Lubick has to say.  Maybe he is actually dealing with the health issues......Maybe he just wants to get the hell out of NU football....

 

Bad thing for the program is this will get a lot of national press (negative) if he leaves.  Like WTH is going on with the program....

 

And this little factoid from Sip:

As for the receiving corps, Robinson had 40 receptions last season and walk-on Kade Warner had eight while playing hurt a share of the time. No other receiver on the spring roster has a catch in a college game. 

 

Not laying blame, but that is some incredibly sh!tty roster management.......Going into year 3....Hard to win anything with depth like this.  RB is not much better at all....

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, lo country said:

If he's gone, making a bowl just got harder.  The further removed from relevance, the closer we seem to get to the abyss......Maybe he didn't like Walters being let go.  Maybe doesn't like what Lubick has to say.  Maybe he is actually dealing with the health issues......Maybe he just wants to get the hell out of NU football....

 

Bad thing for the program is this will get a lot of national press (negative) if he leaves.  Like WTH is going on with the program....

 

And this little factoid from Sip:

As for the receiving corps, Robinson had 40 receptions last season and walk-on Kade Warner had eight while playing hurt a share of the time. No other receiver on the spring roster has a catch in a college game. 

 

Not laying blame, but that is some incredibly sh!tty roster management.......Going into year 3....Hard to win anything with depth like this.  RB is not much better at all....

Delete

  • Plus1 4

Share this post


Link to post

This is definitely a tough blow. Lets pray Frost can land 2 or 3 WR transfers... I know there are a few good ones out there right now. Also, if you saw JD's twitter posts over the offseason and now his most recent instagram post, he's definitely going through a state of depression. Hope he can figure that out before the summer but if not, it is what it is. 

  • Plus1 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

This is definitely a tough blow. Lets pray Frost can land 2 or 3 WR transfers... I know there are a few good ones out there right now. Also, if you saw JD's twitter posts over the offseason and now his most recent instagram post, he's definitely going through a state of depression. Hope he can figure that out before the summer but if not, it is what it is. 

If it's depression, that's an a$$ kicker.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, FearAmeer said:

This is definitely a tough blow. Lets pray Frost can land 2 or 3 WR transfers... I know there are a few good ones out there right now. Also, if you saw JD's twitter posts over the offseason and now his most recent instagram post, he's definitely going through a state of depression. Hope he can figure that out before the summer but if not, it is what it is. 

Well, he may be depressed but certainly not as depressed as Husker Nation is. We've been putting up with this sh#t for 20 years while he's only been in the program a few years.

 

 

Relax, it's a joke..... It's all we've got left.

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

 it seems like more than half the members of the classes 2016 thru 2017 and too many 2018s are splitting. 

 

We passed the 'more than half gone' mark with the 2017 class a long time ago. Right now we're at 60% gone, 40% remaining.

 

Gone (12): Tyjon Lindsey, Avery Roberts, Tristan Gebbia, Jaevon McQuitty, Keyshawn Johnson, Guy Thomas, Willie Hampton, Andrew Ward, Ben Miles, Jaylin Bradley, Elijah Blades, Deiontae Watts

 

Still here (8): Brenden Jaimes, Deontre Thomas, Matt Sichterman, Damion Daniels, Kurt Rafdal, Austin Allen, Broc Bando, Chris Walker

Share this post


Link to post

Thats a bunch of “stars” - somebody thot they had some skills / ability.  Did they come to NU or Mike Riley?   Its just troublesome to see so many unhappy student athletes - not to say some are moving on by mutual interests.  Just very curious as to what Frost has done or not done in some of these cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lo country said:

If he's gone, making a bowl just got harder.  The further removed from relevance, the closer we seem to get to the abyss......Maybe he didn't like Walters being let go.  Maybe doesn't like what Lubick has to say.  Maybe he is actually dealing with the health issues......Maybe he just wants to get the hell out of NU football....

 

Bad thing for the program is this will get a lot of national press (negative) if he leaves.  Like WTH is going on with the program....

 

And this little factoid from Sip:

As for the receiving corps, Robinson had 40 receptions last season and walk-on Kade Warner had eight while playing hurt a share of the time. No other receiver on the spring roster has a catch in a college game. 

 

Not laying blame, but that is some incredibly sh!tty roster management.......Going into year 3....Hard to win anything with depth like this.  RB is not much better at all....

Roster management is even tougher when you ultimately need to flip almost the entire roster.

 

The OL recruiting difference between Riley and Frost is night and day.

 

The walk on program also takes more than just a couple of years to be productive.

 

Frost has been getting guys to leave that simply didn't have what it took to compete at a B1G level.

 

That's actually pretty good roster management.

  • Plus1 8
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

You forgot pot smokers. 

Every team has quite a few pot smokers.  If they did a study on the matter i would guess 25% of college football players smoke pot.  Not sure why its a big deal, when players that drink don't get the same type of scrutiny.  

  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Roster management is even tougher when you ultimately need to flip almost the entire roster.

 

The OL recruiting difference between Riley and Frost is night and day.

 

The walk on program also takes more than just a couple of years to be productive.

 

Frost has been getting guys to leave that simply didn't have what it took to compete at a B1G level.

 

That's actually pretty good roster management.

Hey, you're back.  The sunshine pump had started to go dry in the last couple months while you've been away.

  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Every team has quite a few pot smokers.  If they did a study on the matter i would guess 25% of college football players smoke pot.  Not sure why its a big deal, when players that drink don't get the same type of scrutiny.  

Only 25%? I would venture to say about 50/50

  • Plus1 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...