Dem VP choice

VP Choice  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I always thought that "too ambitious" line was a bunch of crap, particularly coming from whatever old crusty white guy Biden advisor it came from.

"Too ambitious" is something I've literally never heard ascribed to a male politician.

Good points.  I started wt Harris and then went to Warren after Amy dropped out of the vp selection process. I’m satisfied wt Harris   I think she will be a strong candidate

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Plus, if she does come on too strongly...people then default to calling her b!tch because of sexism...it's just how it is.  A guy doing that would be a tough guy who takes no crap...but a woman?  No can do my friends.

She has a fine line to walk moving forward to keep herself likeable and her record won't do her any favors with left leaning and progressive folks.

I think you are right.  I don't think people really understand what it means to be a great speaker because I don't think most people understand how hard it is to speak.  It is not about speaking your mind...it is about making people want to listen.  

Face it, name a VP that was anything special in the last 50 years...Dicky C is really the only one.  The rest don't do much.

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

You mean the guy that ended up as a supreme court justice even after admitting that he loved partying and banging. After being falsely accused of rape.  Kind of seems like she didn't do much to him.

Pence won't do much in the debates just because that is his personality.  And she may be really passionate but it is so hard to be passionate when the person you are fighting/debating is a cold fish.  

Did you even watch it? Dude was shook to his core, rambling on about how much he liked beer, and the only reason he's on the bench is because Mitch McConnell steals him some SCOTUS seats. Harris is going to make Pence her b!^@h, and it's going to be glorious. 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, teachercd said:

Too ambitious is microaggression code for b!^@hy.

Too emotional doesn't always have to be loaded, more times than not it is probably pretty fair.  Not just for women either.  

Written like a man, who has never been told in an annual review, or at a table with leadership peers that he is "too emotional".  It is loaded. Just like shrill, b!^@hy, tempermental, opportunistic, bossy, abrasive, aggressive, etc.  

• Plus1 2

Just now, NM11046 said:

Written like a man, who has never been told in an annual review, or at a table with leadership peers that he is "too emotional".  It is loaded. Just like shrill, b!^@hy, tempermental, opportunistic, bossy, abrasive, aggressive, etc.  

Wow, there is a lot in there, a lot!

6 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Did you even watch it? Dude was shook to his core, rambling on about how much he liked beer, and the only reason he's on the bench is because Mitch McConnell steals him some SCOTUS seats. Harris is going to make Pence her b!^@h, and it's going to be glorious. 

Well, we will see.  I think those debates will be boring.

9 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Plus, if she does come on too strongly...people then default to calling her b!tch because of sexism...it's just how it is.  A guy doing that would be a tough guy who takes no crap...but a woman?  No can do my friends.

She has a fine line to walk moving forward to keep herself likeable and her record won't do her any favors with left leaning and progressive folks.

And yet her finest moments that she's earned accolades for in the last few years are when she's been focused and direct and assertive.  I think one of her great strengths is her lack of backing down, of talking truth to power.

I really hope we're turning the corner on women's skill sets being labeled differently than mens - it starts here.  Set the example for your buddies Blitz.

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

And yet her finest moments that she's earned accolades for in the last few years are when she's been focused and direct and assertive.  I think one of her great strengths is her lack of backing down, of talking truth to power.

When has Kamala ever spoken truth to power? A debate where you're attacking opposing candidates to help yourself win is not that. She's a classic politician that goes whichever way the wind blows.

• Plus1 1