Dem VP choice

VP Choice  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, admo said:

I've had a gut feeling for awhile that Biden's role for the DNP is to get elected and step down within 2 years or so.  Some kind of "health issue" as a reason to resign (wink, wink) so that it will be applauded as "honorable".

Stepping in to presidency is the vice president, and endorsed with praise and applause.

I'm not conspiring, so it's not a conspiracy.  Just telling you like I see it.

But the DNP's plan and true candidate needs to sneak in, and it will be the VP chosen for Biden.

Biden is just a puppet in a basement.  The real choice "secretly planned" behind the DNP will take over, and Pelosi will become acting VP.  Meanwhile, Biden will get his pic on a plaque and his name in the history books.  Smiles and great health updates afterwards.  And everybody between them are happy.  Because, It's just politics.

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers, but I just cannot figure out any other reason why this 80 year old man is the best person to represent the democratic party, as choice for president of the united states of america..... since Hilary lost????

Seriously.  Joe Biden was the plan 4 years ago til now.  SMDH

Something has got to be going on behind the curtain.  Otherwise that's just nuts.

In a few weeks it will all be telling. 

:)

12 hours ago, admo said:

Probably.  I was shocked he won.  Happy, but shocked.

12 hours ago, admo said:

Our country needs mending, a feeling of togetherness and brotherhood, and new leadership badly.

Is this you saying that you've changed your mind about Trump as a former supporter?

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

Is this you saying that you've changed your mind about Trump as a former supporter?

First of all, to me, as a republican, it means I lean a little bit more to the right.  I've always been somewhere in the middle.  My family tree is democratic.  I started out as an independent.  

Believe it or not, there are some good things that I've liked about the POTUS, esp early on.  But in the past year, it hasn't been so hunky-dory.  And even as a repub, I'm not so sure that another 4 years would be ideal for our country right now (IMHO).  

So, if a new office and administration can lead some positive efforts for progress, forge a peace plan, eliminate some division, then yes.  Can it be done? I think so.

And by the way, I would love to see the leadership of our country with a black woman veep.  I think it is long overdue, for all parties.  We are in need for new healthy changes to our country, and positive action is required. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, admo said:

First of all, to me, as a republican, it means I lean a little bit more to the right.  I've always been somewhere in the middle.  My family tree is democratic.  I started out as an independent.  

Believe it or not, there are some good things that I've liked about the POTUS, esp early on.  But in the past year, it hasn't been so hunky-dory.  And even as a repub, I'm not so sure that another 4 years would be ideal for our country right now (IMHO).  

So, if a new office and administration can lead some positive efforts for progress, forge a peace plan, eliminate some division, then yes.  Can it be done? I think so.

And by the way, I would love to see the leadership of our country with a black woman veep.  I think it is long overdue, for all parties.  We are in need for new healthy changes to our country, and positive action is required. 

Well said, admo.

So interesting because your take is pretty much the opposite side of the coin from the take I heard from Rich Lowry of the National Review on the radio earlier today.

Basically he said he realizes there are serious moral and ethical implications of re-electing Trump but due to some deeply-held beliefs (cited being pro-life specifically, which made me chuckle in the midst of thousands of Americans dying due to a horrifically botched handling of a pandemic by this administration) he is pulling for another Trump term, albeit "with eyes wide open."

I don't get the rationalizations some people can put themselves through.

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, admo said:

No one can say in good faith that Trump has done zero good things. It would be virtually impossible for a President to not do a single independent good thing in a vacuum. But your desires towards being together/mended/cooperative speak towards the biggest single failure and worst result of Trump's presidency.

The President isn't really that important for anything (imo) except for one thing; setting the tone and mood. Trump set a mood of hostility, bullying, petulent childish tantrums, and framing everything as us vs them. He's the least "togetherness" minded President in history. Everyone except his base is an enemy, and his political party and constituents have risen (or rather sunk) to the bar that he's modeled.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Landlord said:

The President isn't really that important for anything (imo) except for one thing; setting the tone and mood. Trump set a mood of hostility, bullying, petulent childish tantrums, and framing everything as us vs them. He's the least "togetherness" minded President in history. Everyone except his base is an enemy, and his political party and constituents have risen (or rather sunk) to the bar that he's modeled.

I've always argued, and still do, that people give way more blame to the president and way more credit to the president than any president deserves.

That said your first line here is pretty inaccurate. The president is the most powerful person in the country/world. You should come to that conclusion just seeing what the president can do with executive orders. What the president is never wholly responsible for (with blame or credit) is something like the economy. The president is a factor in many things but not usually the only factor.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I've always argued, and still do, that people give way more blame to the president and way more credit to the president than any president deserves.

That said your first line here is pretty inaccurate. The president is the most powerful person in the country/world. You should come to that conclusion just seeing what the president can do with executive orders. What the president is never wholly responsible for (with blame or credit) is something like the economy. The president is a factor in many things but not usually the only factor.

I meant more specifically the Presidency isn't that important as far as affecting your day to day life in any meaningful way.

Obviously there are exceptions to this (especially for people on the margins) and I don't mean it absolutely, but most of us continue on relatively the same way throughout presidencies.

39 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I meant more specifically the Presidency isn't that important as far as affecting your day to day life in any meaningful way.

Obviously there are exceptions to this (especially for people on the margins) and I don't mean it absolutely, but most of us continue on relatively the same way throughout presidencies.

Gotcha. Ya. I would say this is usually true but I think a truly bad president can have a stronger affect on more people. I also think a lot of the effects of presidents' actions are delayed and also hard to really attribute to a president's actions. Which is why we have a constant argument on things like economic policy.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I would say this is usually true but I think a truly bad president can have a stronger affect on more people.

Pretty much what I meant in regards to the most important thing about a President being the mood/tone/attitude they set. Trump's an exceptionally divisive, arrogant, out of touch with reality present, and now look at the state of the citizens and how pissy and combative and ignorant they've all become. And brazenly and boldly.

• Thanks 1
On 7/24/2020 at 8:13 PM, Moiraine said:

I would say this is usually true but I think a truly bad president can have a stronger affect on more people.

Esp one who thinks he's  a doctor (military general, intelligence expert, educator, scientist,)  and prescribes bleach to kill your virus.