Jump to content
Herbie87

Red field turf coming to Memorial Stadium

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, nupowr said:

Has anyone done any research on types of turf/ crown angles that would be the most conducive to bubble screens?

I think the best option would be a tilting design which we could adjust the slope lengthwise so that the Huskers’ end was uphill from the opponents’ end so we play downhill and opponents always go uphill.   That is the true home field advantage.   lol. 

Share this post


Link to post

I want natural grass instead of fake surface.

 

Nice odor without nasty chemicals, softer, cooler, less injuries, etc.  Almost Top10 teams are natural grass surfaces .... Bama, Clemson, OU, Georgia, Auburn, Penn St etc etc etc

 

NFL?  Very few fake turf.  Lambeau Field,  Arrowhead,  Broncos Field, Soldier, Steelers, 49ers, LV Raiders, Cardinals, Rams/Chargers, Redskins, etc .... all natural grass.

 

FieldTurf salesman.

used4-crop.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=500

 

hqdefault.jpg

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

I want natural grass instead of fake surface.

 

Nice odor without nasty chemicals, softer, cooler, less injuries, etc.  Almost Top10 teams are natural grass surfaces .... Bama, Clemson, OU, Georgia, Auburn, Penn St etc etc etc

 

NFL?  Very few fake turf.  Lambeau Field,  Arrowhead,  Broncos Field, Soldier, Steelers, 49ers, LV Raiders, Cardinals, Rams/Chargers, Redskins, etc .... all natural grass.

 

FieldTurf salesman.

used4-crop.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=500

 

hqdefault.jpg

 

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Why not? It's been proven playing on natural grass is safer than artificial turf. The only reason to use artificial turf is to save money on the upkeep.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

Why not? It's been proven playing on natural grass is safer than artificial turf. The only reason to use artificial turf is to save money on the upkeep.

Actually in the long term,  Fieldturf is more expense than grass.  Every seven years, FieldTurf replacement.  Plus, disposal cost (just like car tires).

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Actually in the long term,  Fieldturf is more expense than grass.  Every seven years, FieldTurf replacement.  Plus, disposal cost (just like car tires).

What would be the cost and maintenance for necessary heating elements underneath a grass field in Memorial Stadium?  That's what enables Denver, Kansas City, Green Bay, Chicago, etc., to have grass fields in colder environments?  Those fields still start to look like crap and need sod replaced near the end of the year.

 

https://www.rehau.com/us-en/mechanical-and-plumbing/turf-conditioning/sports-authority-field/1912974

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

What would be the cost and maintenance for necessary heating elements underneath a grass field in Memorial Stadium?  That's what enables Denver, Kansas City, Green Bay, Chicago, etc., to have grass fields in colder environments?  Those fields still start to look like crap and need sod replaced near the end of the year.

 

https://www.rehau.com/us-en/mechanical-and-plumbing/turf-conditioning/sports-authority-field/1912974

 

 

Colder environment ....... CFB season was 2 months earlier than NFL.  The latest T.O. Field game was mid-November.

 

Anyway, Hawks Field (natural grass) was installed heat pipes ???  (beats me)

 

Golf courses = fake turf :laughpound.  Hopefully, FieldTurf fad is beginning to end.  Myself, grass is a part of football -- just like NFL and MLB.

 

Wishful thinking .......

TdcbBmj.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Actually in the long term,  Fieldturf is more expense than grass.  Every seven years, FieldTurf replacement.  Plus, disposal cost (just like car tires).

We've had a bunch of the local high schools go to Fieldturf and one of the selling points is that it's cheaper than grass and grass maintenance.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

What would be the cost and maintenance for necessary heating elements underneath a grass field in Memorial Stadium?  That's what enables Denver, Kansas City, Green Bay, Chicago, etc., to have grass fields in colder environments?  Those fields still start to look like crap and need sod replaced near the end of the year.

 

https://www.rehau.com/us-en/mechanical-and-plumbing/turf-conditioning/sports-authority-field/1912974

 

 

Very true.  NFL teams have enough money to resod their fields.  My beloved Steelers resod between the hash marks every November.  Heinz Field gets a lot of traffic with the Steelers, Panthers and high school playoff games taking place there.  Not a lot of college teams in the north can truck up new blue grass from Kentucky during the middle of the season like the Steelers, Bears and others do.

 

Edit to add that Heinz Field is considered one of the worst fields in the NFL year after year.  I still remember a Monday Night game where a punt plugged into the turf during a rainstorm.  

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

We've had a bunch of the local high schools go to Fieldturf and one of the selling points is that it's cheaper than grass and grass maintenance.  

High school football fields was much different than T.O. Field.

 

Putt putt golf was the same as Masters golf course?  Little league=New York Yankees?  Sam's cola=Genuine Coca-Cola? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

What would be the cost and maintenance for necessary heating elements underneath a grass field in Memorial Stadium?  That's what enables Denver, Kansas City, Green Bay, Chicago, etc., to have grass fields in colder environments?  Those fields still start to look like crap and need sod replaced near the end of the year.

 

https://www.rehau.com/us-en/mechanical-and-plumbing/turf-conditioning/sports-authority-field/1912974

 

 

 

That's right.  End of the year ........ December and then January.   Not November.

 

In November.  Spartan Field (natural grass).  East Lansing is colder than Lincoln.

nm2.jpg

 

Penn St at MSU.  In November.

threegoalnight-20151128214624.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Very true.  NFL teams have enough money to resod their fields.  My beloved Steelers resod between the hash marks every November.  Heinz Field gets a lot of traffic with the Steelers, Panthers and high school playoff games taking place there.  Not a lot of college teams in the north can truck up new blue grass from Kentucky during the middle of the season like the Steelers, Bears and others do.

 

Edit to add that Heinz Field is considered one of the worst fields in the NFL year after year.  I still remember a Monday Night game where a punt plugged into the turf during a rainstorm.  

 

Many NFL stadiums hosted extra events like monster trucks, supercross, rodeo, concerts, etc.  Strip sod machine & cut off poor roots and then hauled dirt.  After events, remove dirt and resod without roots. Our Memorial stadium hosted monster truck show?  

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVmipEPJsTzACIK9D2FYb  metlife-stadium-2016-supercross-2.jpg

 

sneak-peak-of-nrg-stadium-where-50000-pe

 

gridiron-endzone.jpg?auto=webp&format=pj

 

Resod.  Fully recover -- it takes several months 

2-jpg.91106 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

High school football fields was much different than T.O. Field.

 

Putt putt golf was the same as Masters golf course?  Little league=New York Yankees?  Sam's cola=Genuine Coca-Cola? ;)

And how is Fieldturf at TO Field different than at High School fields?

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

 

That's right.  End of the year ........ December and then January.   Not November.

 

In November.  Spartan Field (natural grass).  East Lansing is colder than Lincoln.

nm2.jpg

 

Penn St at MSU.  In November.

threegoalnight-20151128214624.jpg

 

 

Is that November quip for me?

 

https://www.times-news.com/sports/local_sports/arizona-and-indianapolis-have-best-fields-in-nfl-heinz-field/article_9e2df85b-26e5-5353-8d18-5b910e40fcb2.html

The AFC’s best team has the NFL’s worst grass field.

"The latest survey conducted by the players union and released Thursday showed the Pittsburgh Steelers have the least-favorite grass field. Of 1,619 players who participated, 678 chose Heinz Field’s grass, which tends to easily get torn up and often has to be resod.

It was resod after high school football championship games in late November, then again after the NHL’s Winter Classic on New Year’s Day."

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...