***The 2020 Offensive Line***

Snapping is like free-throw shooting in basketball. You can practice it with no pressure all you want, but you can really only get better at it by doing it with the bullets flying and once your confidence in it is gone, it's always in the back of your mind. I also need to go back and watch to be sure but I think they may have had Jurgens dead-ball snapping after the Iowa game which would explain why there was improvement.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Snapping is like free-throw shooting in basketball. You can practice it with no pressure all you want, but you can really only get better at it by doing it with the bullets flying and once your confidence in it is gone, it's always in the back of your mind. I also need to go back and watch to be sure but I think they may have had Jurgens dead-ball snapping after the Iowa game which would explain why there was improvement.

It's hard to explain, but after Iowa, Jurgens changed his alignment so his helmet was more directly over the ball, rather than being 6-12 inches behind it (and reaching out more to the ball).  Maybe this alignment was more comfortable to Jurgens, and allowed more consistent snaps.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Farniok isn't much of a loss imo but who plays guard opposite of Piper this year? Still think Nash woulda been a monster at OG, but he's set on DL for now. 

Hixon is my guess but Nouili will try and take the spot 

Conn is coming off a major surgery

1 minute ago, Toe said:

hLcEkSh.jpg

OG is another spot outside of WR 1/2, RB, & pass rusher where I might look at a grad transfer if I was N. Depth seems to be very, very thin on the OL going into next year. I’m not very confident on Bando or even a guy like Sichterman

15 minutes ago, Decked said:

OG is another spot outside of WR 1/2, RB, & pass rusher where I might look at a grad transfer if I was N. Depth seems to be very, very thin on the OL going into next year. I’m not very confident on Bando or even a guy like Sichterman

Agree we need a grad transfer OG