***The 2020 Offensive Line***

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Hixon is my guess but Nouili will try and take the spot 

Conn is coming off a major surgery

I could see Banks being in the mix as well. The staff wants to get the best 5 out there regardless of position, feel like I’ve heard his name come up a few times.

3 minutes ago, Farms said:

I could see Banks being in the mix as well. The staff wants to get the best 5 out there regardless of position, feel like I’ve heard his name come up a few times.

Banks will 100% stay at tackle. Depth is gonna be a problem next year. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Decked said:

3 minutes ago, Decked said:

I’m sure he could play at guard and move back to tackle should the need arise. They’ve done that with multiple guys already

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Farms said:

I’m sure he could play at guard and move back to tackle should the need arise. They’ve done that with multiple guys already

Depth permitting. Someone mentioned this earlier but I really think Nash at OG would’ve been a good idea. 

3 hours ago, Decked said:

Depth permitting. Someone mentioned this earlier but I really think Nash at OG would’ve been a good idea. 

Where does Ezra Miller (Iowa transfer) factor in? Thought he had some promise based on reporter’s views of situation last fall.

Also might be a spot for a Luto to come in and make a splash if he’s as good as advertised 

10 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Where does Ezra Miller (Iowa transfer) factor in? Thought he had some promise based on reporter’s views of situation last fall.

Also might be a spot for a Luto to come in and make a splash if he’s as good as advertised 

From the last things I heard I don't think he will be a factor any time soon but you never know. 

• Plus1 1
On 1/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, Decked said:

How the hell are we heading into year 4 with depth problems?  I've complained about RB and WR, but it seems like we are getting very thin across a lot of positions.  Lack of development?  Recruits not panning out?  Attrition?   We just don't seem like a well oiled machine going into year 4.  TBH, some below average organization and planning.

3 hours ago, Lightfighter214 said:

No one was worse then us at it for a year and a half. Sometimes it felt like once a drive.

And the ravens qb got hurt cause of it today.

Lamar's head bounced like a BB off the turf.

On 1/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, Decked said:

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you say that?

In look at roster, I was thinking Corcoran (very impressive in first start), Bernhart, Banks and Bando would be a decent 2-deep with Conn and Teddy P in reserve in case of injury.

Thanks in advance....

2 hours ago, lo country said:

How the hell are we heading into year 4 with depth problems?  I've complained about RB and WR, but it seems like we are getting very thin across a lot of positions.  Lack of development?  Recruits not panning out?  Attrition?   We just don't seem like a well oiled machine going into year 4.  TBH, some below average organization and planning.

I guess I don't know that we can say at this point that depth will be an issue.  Inexperience behind the starters is an issue but that's almost a given when you return three starters.  We don't know if our backup linemen are that good.  Neither does basically anyone else in the country.

We also didn't recruit the OL particularly well for several years. 

In the 2016 class, only Farniok became a regular starter.  Wilson started some.  Raridon and Brokop were non-factors.

In the 2017 class, Jaimes was a great get but Bando, Walker and Sichterman are busts.

In the 2018 class, we only got Will Farniok as an OL.  So... yeah.  But Jurgens was in that class (as a TE, four-star recruit) so that helps.

Three classes.  Looks like two total regular starters (recruited as OL).  Neither are still here.

Since then, things seem to have picked up.  

In the 2019 class, Benhart (four-star recruit) and Piper are already starting.  Banks will probably be a backup this year.  Not much after that but that's a good base.

In the 2020 class, Corcoran was our highest-rated recruit and looks to be a starter next year.  We only took two OL recruits in this class because of how many we had to take in 2019.  We also got transfers in Ezra Miller (a four-star recruit to Iowa) and Nouredin Nouili (freshman starter at Colorado State) to help fill in.

In the 2021 class, Prochazka was our second-highest-rated recruit.  

OL is the spot where it takes the longest to develop and be ready to contribute.  The 2016, 2017 and 2018 classes should be the fourth- and fifth-year guys next year.  But that's not an option.  We started a lot of younger guys this year partly because they are better and partly because there were few options ahead of them.  So Jurgens is likely the "old guy" of the starters next year.  Most everyone else that will contribute has only been here for a year or two.  So it's tough to know who's going to work out and who isn't.

• Plus1 9
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I guess I don't know that we can say at this point that depth will be an issue.  Inexperience behind the starters is an issue but that's almost a given when you return three starters.  We don't know if our backup linemen are that good.  Neither does basically anyone else in the country.

In the 2016 class, only Farniok became a regular starter.  Wilson started some.  Raridon and Brokop were non-factors.

In the 2017 class, Jaimes was a great get but Bando, Walker and Sichterman are busts.

In the 2018 class, we only got Will Farniok as an OL.  So... yeah.  But Jurgens was in that class (as a TE, four-star recruit) so that helps.

Three classes.  Looks like two total regular starters (recruited as OL).  Neither are still here.

In the 2019 class, Benhart (four-star recruit) and Piper are already starting.  Banks will probably be a backup this year.  Not much after that but that's a good base.

In the 2020 class, Corcoran was our highest-rated recruit and looks to be a starter next year.  We only took two OL recruits in this class because of how many we had to take in 2019.  We also got transfers in Ezra Miller (a four-star recruit to Iowa) and Nouredin Nouili (freshman starter at Colorado State) to help fill in.

OL is the spot where it takes the longest to develop and be ready to contribute.  The 2016, 2017 and 2018 classes should be the fourth- and fifth-year guys next year.  But that's not an option.  We started a lot of younger guys this year partly because they are better and partly because there were few options ahead of them.  So Jurgens is likely the "old guy" of the starters next year.  Most everyone else that will contribute has only been here for a year or two.  So it's tough to know who's going to work out and who isn't.

Good info. Thanks.  

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but Mike Riley's recruiting on the O-line was subpar. 2015 produced no starters (big get was Jalin Barrett out of Oklahoma who never sniffed the field). To produce 2 starters out of 3 classes (15, 16, 17) might be worse the subpar. 

• Plus1 3