***The 2020 Offensive Line***

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess I don't know that we can say at this point that depth will be an issue.  Inexperience behind the starters is an issue but that's almost a given when you return three starters.  We don't know i

Benhart is better than Farinok at tackle by the simple fact that he can actually move his hips like a tackle and this move actually gives us enough flexibility that we aren't hamstrung into running to

Completely false but OK.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Toe said:

hLcEkSh.jpg

OG is another spot outside of WR 1/2, RB, & pass rusher where I might look at a grad transfer if I was N. Depth seems to be very, very thin on the OL going into next year. I’m not very confident on Bando or even a guy like Sichterman

15 minutes ago, Decked said:

OG is another spot outside of WR 1/2, RB, & pass rusher where I might look at a grad transfer if I was N. Depth seems to be very, very thin on the OL going into next year. I’m not very confident on Bando or even a guy like Sichterman

Agree we need a grad transfer OG

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Hixon is my guess but Nouili will try and take the spot 

Conn is coming off a major surgery

I could see Banks being in the mix as well. The staff wants to get the best 5 out there regardless of position, feel like I’ve heard his name come up a few times.

3 minutes ago, Farms said:

I could see Banks being in the mix as well. The staff wants to get the best 5 out there regardless of position, feel like I’ve heard his name come up a few times.

Banks will 100% stay at tackle. Depth is gonna be a problem next year. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Decked said:

3 minutes ago, Decked said:

I’m sure he could play at guard and move back to tackle should the need arise. They’ve done that with multiple guys already

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Farms said:

I’m sure he could play at guard and move back to tackle should the need arise. They’ve done that with multiple guys already

Depth permitting. Someone mentioned this earlier but I really think Nash at OG would’ve been a good idea. 

2 hours ago, Decked said:

Depth permitting. Someone mentioned this earlier but I really think Nash at OG would’ve been a good idea. 

Yeah, if I recall in his recruitment thread a few people brought that up.  Missed opportunity there I think.

3 hours ago, Decked said:

Where does Ezra Miller (Iowa transfer) factor in? Thought he had some promise based on reporter’s views of situation last fall.

Also might be a spot for a Luto to come in and make a splash if he’s as good as advertised 

10 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Where does Ezra Miller (Iowa transfer) factor in? Thought he had some promise based on reporter’s views of situation last fall.

Also might be a spot for a Luto to come in and make a splash if he’s as good as advertised 

From the last things I heard I don't think he will be a factor any time soon but you never know. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Mavric said:

The Ravens had to change centers in the middle of the year because they were having snapping issues.

But this only ever happens to us.

No one was worse then us at it for a year and a half. Sometimes it felt like once a drive.

And the ravens qb got hurt cause of it today.

• Thanks 4
On 1/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, Decked said:

How the hell are we heading into year 4 with depth problems?  I've complained about RB and WR, but it seems like we are getting very thin across a lot of positions.  Lack of development?  Recruits not panning out?  Attrition?   We just don't seem like a well oiled machine going into year 4.  TBH, some below average organization and planning.

3 hours ago, Lightfighter214 said:

No one was worse then us at it for a year and a half. Sometimes it felt like once a drive.

And the ravens qb got hurt cause of it today.

Lamar's head bounced like a BB off the turf.

On 1/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, Decked said:

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you say that?

In look at roster, I was thinking Corcoran (very impressive in first start), Bernhart, Banks and Bando would be a decent 2-deep with Conn and Teddy P in reserve in case of injury.

Thanks in advance....