***The 2020 Offensive Line***

26 minutes ago, Undone said:

I feel confident we will. I'm the least worried about the play at center and left tackle. It's the other three spots I'm worried about.

30 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

So do we get good snaps consistently this year?

I don’t recall those even being an issue past mid season. I think it’s safe to say that we’ll be fine. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think it can be overstated that this is the first camp of any kind where Jurgens is playing OLine. He was hurt for a lot of fall camp last year and was learning on the fly, and then obviously no spring ball. Having worked through a lot last year (I thought he was solid by the end of the year) and actually being able to get healthy reps in fall camp, I'm excited to see what Jurgens can do.

• Plus1 2

Austin said true freshman Turner Corcoran was competing for the No. 2 left tackle job behind Jaimes, with sixth-year senior Christian Gaylord and redshirt freshman Brant Banks also in the mix.

“(Corcoran) has emerged as a young, valuable player right now, especially considering this year now, in the NCAA’s eyes, does not count, so you don’t have to worry about redshirt vs. non-redshirt year for him,” Austin said.

"Man, he's done a really good job of getting that command presence," Nebraska offensive line coach Greg Austin said Thursday. "His command presence a year ago is 180 degrees from where it is now." 

He's taking control and making the right calls, Austin said. It's not something to take for granted, especially as Nebraska grinds through preparation for its Oct. 24 season opener at sixth-ranked Ohio State.

• Plus1 1
On 9/18/2020 at 10:27 AM, Decked said:

I am okay with this. Wilson while healthy is perfectly capable of being a starter. Hixon was mediocre. 

Wilson's lateral movement was pretty bad and he seemed to get beat a ton in pass pro, but he at least seemed like a good run blocker. Hixson was bad at both.

I think the priority this offseason by the staff and the reason we're seeing Farniok at guard is to fix the interior pass blocking. Teams were getting pressure up the middle constantly last year on basic twists and stunts and I think that was a big part of why AM was skiddish even in clean pockets. Having a tight end at center making the calls for the line certainly didn't help that, and hopefully with a year of experience he'll be a lot better.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

I think the priority this offseason by the staff and the reason we're seeing Farniok at guard is to fix the interior pass blocking.

I think it's more like we're letting Farniok play his more natural position, now that we finally have a viable replacement on the outside. Kinda two sides of the same coin, ofc.

• Plus1 1

I thought Corcoran might get a look at LG as well with his RS off, but I guess it's a good thing he's already emerged as the clear heir apparent at LT.  

I get the building depth statement in this Covid climate, but the first priority has always got to be preparing the 5 on the field.  What good is depth if the surface has holes in it? 

Fisher said something similar after year 1, how year 1 was about building his room, & I thought it was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a coach say.  

• Haha 1