*** 2023 Recruiting ***

16 minutes ago, Decked said:

Don’t want to be that guy but besides Coleman I don’t think you’re gonna see a lot of star power. We are sliding down for a lot of the higher profile guys. Fischer not doing very well this year either. The Las Vegas DE to commit on Friday. Wouldn’t count on N. Kaylin Lee just committed to OSU. We are gonna miss almost every big fish that has visited this summer. 

Agreed. It's gonna be another highly-hyped class of primarily 3* guys. Only thing that can remedy this is a huge turnaround this fall. Become a hot brand again.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Agreed. It's gonna be another highly-hyped class of primarily 3* guys. Only thing that can remedy this is a huge turnaround this fall. Become a hot brand again.

Need to reel in the big fish. Think they get Coleman. Maybe one surprise. Not much else. I guess if you’re gonna load up on three stars at least they are from the state. Pan out better historically than anyone else. 

28 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That string didn't last long...

Didn’t expect Miller. We however besides maybe Coleman are going to lose out on most of our top targets from the summer. Mickey is putting in work. Fish is going for good targets but remains to be seen if we will finish. I’m not sold yet on the class. 

I was referencing the string being Braswell, Picotti, & then likely Herring/Green. 

16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

If we would get Coleman and Lenhart right now, we would be 4th in the Big Ten and 19th nationally. 

That would work for me! Shaping up to  be a solid class, Tackle and DL are the only spots I'd say we've missed on. Would've been nice to hit on one of our big swings at Tackle, and it's a little concerning that despite all the talk of DL depth being a problem we got one good commit and no one else on the radar. I know the transfers address that for this year but we need to start building long term depth even if we play 2 DL and 2 edge more often.

You could argue DB as a concern as well, but considering the transfers we brought in have 3-4 years of eligibility I'm not worried there.

• 3 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can honestly say that I have very little interest in recruiting now that we are the process of a coaching change. We have no idea if any of these kids end up on campus or even if the new coaches want them. 

This will be another year where the new staff throw a class together in about a month. Then, go sing about 25 transfers. The majority of these players are people we don’t even know about right now.