USA Today: Big Ten spring preview 2020

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Not sure who will be the starting QB come fall, but if Frost picks AM to be starter and AM has the same type of season 6 games in as last year, then someone else better be given a shot to start the final 6 or 7 games or his judgement will start to come into question.  Neb can’t win this coming year without a big improvement in QB play.  

Fact

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think it'll take a solid month of struggles before Martinez would be benched for more than a series.  Luke is going to have freshman struggles/ups/downs if forced to start as well.  Martinez returning to form is the best chance this team has at 8+ wins and Frost knows that. 

There is no reason for him to struggle, and if he does he needs to be held accountable.  We cannot have one player single handedly costing us wins.  The time for that is over, if he can't ger it done, you try someone else until you run out of options. Why? Because the result in itself would already be losing.  Losing worse or better at this point doesn't make sense.  Struggling with the amount of experience he has should be a one off type situation.  He needs to be better, and it needs to be from game 1.  End of story. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

There is no reason for him to struggle, and if he does he needs to be held accountable.  We cannot have one player single handedly costing us wins.  The time for that is over, if he can't ger it done, you try someone else until you run out of options. Why? Because the result in itself would already be losing.  Losing worse or better at this point doesn't make sense.  Struggling with the amount of experience he has should be a one off type situation.  He needs to be better, and it needs to be from game 1.  End of story. 

If you think one player was single handedly costing the team wins last year,  I don't know what to tell you.  If you think Martinez will be benched after a single bad game to start the season in 2020, I also don't know what to tell you.  Neither of those things are true.

If he struggles multiple times in September, he will get benched,  but not after one game.

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think it'll take a solid month of struggles before Martinez would be benched for more than a series.  Luke is going to have freshman struggles/ups/downs if forced to start as well.  Martinez returning to form is the best chance this team has at 8+ wins and Frost knows that. 

8+ wont happen with AM 1.0 or 2.0.  We need 3.0 to win 9 as the supporting cast is barely 9 win caliber without JD imo.  A bunch of frosh and RsF are going to have to play substantial snaps and a 2nd RB is essential as Robinson is now our primary receiving target. Lubick is gonna need to perform such pass game magic if the offense doesnt get more run oriented.  I see the stats citing a 60% run to pass ratio but Im wondering how many QB sacks, scrambles and backward passes etc skew the run counts up.  It seems more 50-50 tops and Id like atleast 65-35 runs to throws.  

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

It won’t even be warm. The days of NU’s coaching carousel every 3-5 years are over. 

I wonder when Moos is thinking he'll retire...

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

8+ wont happen with AM 1.0 or 2.0.  We need 3.0 to win 9 as the supporting cast is barely 9 win caliber without JD imo.  A bunch of frosh and RsF are going to have to play substantial snaps and a 2nd RB is essential as Robinson is now our primary receiving target. Lubick is gonna need to perform such pass game magic if the offense doesnt get more run oriented.  I see the stats citing a 60% run to pass ratio but Im wondering how many QB sacks, scrambles and backward passes etc skew the run counts up.  It seems more 50-50 tops and Id like atleast 65-35 runs to throws.  

65-35?  I would encourage you to watch Iowa... Or Army maybe.

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

I agree AM won’t be benched after one game.  I think he is the starter game one save for a (lingering) or new injury.  Our first 7 games, being realistic, there is not one guaranteed win in the bunch looking back how we have performed the past 3 years.  I feel sure that after the first 3-4 games the staff, team and fans will know what we have.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, runningblind said:

If you think one player was single handedly costing the team wins last year,  I don't know what to tell you.  If you think Martinez will be benched after a single bad game to start the season in 2020, I also don't know what to tell you.  Neither of those things are true.

If he struggles multiple times in September, he will get benched,  but not after one game.

Didn't say anything about one game, except that yes quality quarterbacks do have bad games on occasion.   Unfortunately he had more bad games then good last year.  Yes he absolutely did cause us to lose games last year.  You don't need to tell me anything.  The guy gets more excuses then any quarterback that has played here, it's baffling actually.  He needs to play better or another option is needed, that's it.  It's time to get the training wheels off and put some pressure on. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

I think people who are starting to dry up on Frost don't realize the amount of unlucky s#!t he's gone through and the fact that literally 9 of our losses under him have been by one possession. 9 with terrible roster depth. You flip those all to wins and he's bo pelini 2.0 with 8-9 wins a season but recruiting momentum 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, FearAmeer said:

I think people who are starting to dry up on Frost don't realize the amount of unlucky s#!t he's gone through and the fact that literally 9 of our losses under him have been by one possession. 9 with terrible roster depth. You flip those all to wins and he's bo pelini 2.0 with 8-9 wins a season but recruiting momentum 

So he struggles at winning games is what you are saying

• Thanks 3
6 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

It's going to be hilarious to see all of the Martinez truthers scramble when he is lighting it up this fall 

It's also going to be hilarious to see these type of comments if we drop 3 games out of our first 6.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1