USA Today: Big Ten spring preview 2020

42 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

224/347 (64.6%), 2,617 yards (7.5 yp/a), 17 TDs, 10 INTs, 629 yards rushing, 8 TDs, 139.5 QBR. As a freshman. 

Now, go ahead and find me a more efficient QB in the last 10 years. I'll give you a hint: there's only 1. 

Who is it I'm curious 

Ganz? 

14 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Damn 12 years ago already now, can't believe it! It has to be T Martinez then right? 

I did some more looking; if we go based on QBR, Ganz has the 2nd career highest in school history. Can anyone guess the first? (minimum 100 attempts) 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I did some more looking; if we go based on QBR, Ganz has the 2nd career highest in school history. Can anyone guess the first? (minimum 100 attempts) 

I know the answer but I'll let another classmate raise their hand this time

Hint, he wore #14

• Fire 1

57 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

True. He also had a RB with about 1900 all purpose yards and a stable of receivers. Not trying to claim Martinez is close to that level, just pointing out that W/L as a QB measurement isn't great. I think stats are better, but you have to account for the style of offense and the supporting cast. This offense should produce great stats from the QB position, so that's a fair knock on Martinez last year. But Mahomes also wouldn't have put up his 2015 stat line with our team last year.

I think everyone agrees Martinez did not perform up to expectations last year. We jsu tdisagree on how far below, and how much of it was his fault directly.

That's fair.  Just like pretty much every team, but I feel like especially in this offense, we are going to live and die by our QB play.  If Martinez doesn't make a significant leap this year, we are staring down the barrel of another sub 500 season with the schedule we have.