HB Quentin Castille

Anyone think he will play FB? Maybe HB if he's on O.

He is already pretty big. By time he saw the field for us he would be huge though, if he happened to play FB for us in the future. Might not be a bad idea to have a big bodied bruiser like Castille lead blocking for our RB's in a few years.

Also good speed to catch passes out of the backfield and maybe, just maybe get a couple of carries for the fb.

Anyone think he will play FB? Maybe HB if he's on O.

He is already pretty big. By time he saw the field for us he would be huge though, if he happened to play FB for us in the future. Might not be a bad idea to have a big bodied bruiser like Castille lead blocking for our RB's in a few years.

Also good speed to catch passes out of the backfield and maybe, just maybe get a couple of carries for the fb.

I was thinking the same for him catching a few passes out of the backfield. He will be a lot more mobile than Mann is coming out to do that for us too. I think that is what makes it hard to Mann to receive a pass that he is just not very maneuverable.

I was thinking the same for him catching a few passes out of the backfield. He will be a lot more mobile than Mann is coming out to do that for us too. I think that is what makes it hard to Mann to receive a pass that he is just not very maneuverable.

You mean Todd? I agree, I think Todd doesn't have much mobility. I remember a pass last year that Taylor threaded right between his arms because he can't bring them together because he is so huge.

You mean Todd? I agree, I think Todd doesn't have much mobility. I remember a pass last year that Taylor threaded right between his arms because he can't bring them together because he is so huge.

Todd...Yes, Todd. What the heck was I thinking with Mann? :lol:

Dane Todd, not Kurt Mann. But yeah, it seems he has too much upper body muscle to be an effective catch and run guy out of the backfeild. For some reason though we have used that play passing to him from the FB position quite a bit and I guess it has been ok...sometimes works, other times it doesn't

• 1 month later...

According to Crabtree yesterday on 1620, he is now a four star. Wow! Does that imediately mean he is a better player? Does that mean all of a sudden he is stronger, faster, smarter because an extra star was given to him? A star automatically gives you more physical powers? :lol:

That's cool, that makes 2. Stars don't mean crap, it might help w/ the media and public. Our recuriting ranking for the year isn't the best yet. Still some time though.

According to Crabtree yesterday on 1620, he is now a four star. Wow! Does that imediately mean he is a better player? Does that mean all of a sudden he is stronger, faster, smarter because an extra star was given to him? A star automatically gives you more physical powers? :lol:

That's cool, that makes 2. Stars don't mean crap, it might help w/ the media and public. Our recuriting ranking for the year isn't the best yet. Still some time though.

Three..Paul, Lawwrence, Castille

Three..Paul, Lawwrence, Castille

Any statisticians in the house? Because I'm not going to agree with the comment that "stars don't mean crap."

The top teams every year usually have had very good recruiting classes in the previous three years. There are exceptions, of course, but I'm going to have to say that yes, stars do mean crap.

Just my opinion...

i remember a coach that always seemed to find the hidden gems out there that were not highly rated with stars. won 3 national championships in 4 years and didnt have a top 10 recruiting class in any of the preceding years. i think his name was Tom, not sure though, might just have to go back in time and look at that.

Credit a lot of that to the option, which has gone the way of the dodo. They recruited a lot system players who would work in the option offense.

It's a different game now. Again, if someone could run the numbers, I'd love to see if there is a statistically significant correlation between "stars" and on-field success.

i remember a coach that always seemed to find the hidden gems out there that were not highly rated with stars. won 3 national championships in 4 years and didnt have a top 10 recruiting class in any of the preceding years. i think his name was Tom, not sure though, might just have to go back in time and look at that.

I'm not trying to flame you, but between 91-98, TO had 5 classes in the top 12 and all were in the top 20, according to an article I found in SI a while back. If you do a search on here, you can find it.

Anyways, how come Castille was upgraded? I didn't realize he was a prospect "on the move." He must be damn good if they are upgrading him.