N-2007.gif

Player: Quentin Castille

Hometown: La Porte, TX

Position: FB

Height: 6’1”

Weight: 238

40 time: 4.82

Visit Date: September 2, 2006

Scholarships offered: Central Florida, Iowa State, Louisville, Northwestern, Nebraska, Indiana, Georgia Tech

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: NR/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: He brings a lot to the table. Runs too straight up for college. Rushed for over 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns. I bet we see a move to defense in college. He’s certainly not afraid to lower his head or jack a LB up at FB.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 96% When he visits it doubles the odds. Ted Gilmore is recruiting him.

Quentin Castille

RB 6-1 235 La Porte, Texas - La Porte HS

“Nebraska was my favorite childhood team. For them to recruit me, that sold me right there.”

I'm about that same size and WAS at that same speed at one time. I played fullback and defensive end in HS and fullback in college for a year. He seems undersized for fullback or tight end. I think with some Husker Strength training he could be an excellent linebacker considering he likes to hit (also my favorite).

True, but with our strength and conditioning program he could lose 2 maybe 3 tenths off his 40. You have to remember though, LBs or FBs are not running 40s on every play. LBs require a lot more quick reaction times and acceleration, not necessarily top speed.

True, but with our strength and conditioning program he could lose 2 maybe 3 tenths off his 40. You have to remember though, LBs or FBs are not running 40s on every play. LBs require a lot more quick reaction times and acceleration, not necessarily top speed.

Of course our strength program will increase the speed a little. More importantly than the 40 yd dash is the 10 yd dash which you seldom see posted on a players profile. Along with the short burst go lateral movement, change of direction, and such.

That's exactly right. Those are all things that can be improved upon once (if) he went NU. The only problem might be his willingness for a position change.

I agree he must be willing to change positions, but I think we need to bring in a fullback this year. Todd is a senior and Miller just left the program. I was looking at the roster, and there are a couple of fb's on the roster: Farino, Koehler, and Senske but I'm not sure if any of them have played or are good enough to be the "every down fb". That Farino is one big dude though, 6' 270 lbs. Maybe there are plans in the works to have one of these guys take over. I believe they are all walk-ons. Then there is always the H-back role that our tightends can play.

gawd........a 6 foot 270 lb. fullback? if he can move at all, he should be like running behind a semi!

hunter

Farino is listed at 6' 230 and a R/S Freshman. unless he gained 40lbs this year I dont think he is 270, and if he did I dont think that he will be playing fullback any more