HB Quentin Castille

If Wilson and Glenn can block, I am all for that.

Todd may not be that great of a runner, but I like to see a short yard situation where Taylor would give it to him on a trap play or draw. Since no team expects those plays, they could amount to a significant gain. You remember against OU two years back that the first give to the FB for the whole year amounted to about a 40-yard. Try it. It's not a high risk play ... well maybe it would be since he's not use to handling the ball.

Scared of competition? I hope not. Helu will probably be moved to safety. Castille and Mendoza have nothing in common with how they run or how they will be used.

Remember Glenn went through the same thing after he committed and the coaches told him to stay so hopefully that will be what happens here.

He is now a "soft commit". NU and Louisville are now even. Says he not happy about all of the running backs nebraska has recruited. Can you blame the guy? Jax - 1 year left, Wilson - 1 year left, Lucky - 2 years left, Glenn - 2 years left....plus Castille, Mendoza and Helu will be coming in.

Maybe he sees how Glenn is used and wants to be more of a feature back then a specialty back?

He is now a "soft commit". NU and Louisville are now even. Says he not happy about all of the running backs nebraska has recruited. Can you blame the guy? Jax - 1 year left, Wilson - 1 year left, Lucky - 2 years left, Glenn - 2 years left....plus Castille, Mendoza and Helu will be coming in.

Maybe he sees how Glenn is used and wants to be more of a feature back then a specialty back?

It's possible...........some guys don't want to do the running back by committee thing and they want to have all the glory. I can't say I blame them I would most likely feel that way if I was in the same situation........

Helu will probably be moved to safety. Castille and Mendoza have nothing in common with how they run or how they will be used.

Just checked Louisville's roster. They have 4 Freshman RB's and a Sophomore RB...not even looking at the JR's. Of these 5 underclassmen RB's they are heavier backs at 248, 240, 225, 225, and 220 lbs. I don't know why Castille would be concerned about our RB recruits of Helu 204 lbs. and Mendoza 175 lbs. as we obviously will use those backs in different capacities. Louisville already has a ton of backs at Castille's size!

I'm hoping this guy doesn't get snowed by Louisville and keeps his committment with us.

:power

He seems to be most worried about Mendoza. Why, I don't know.

With Mendoza, he will be no real threat starting as a freshman. Mendoza needs to put on another 15lbs. to even be a threat at RB, and more likely another 25lbs. to be considered a starting threat at RB.

Honestly, he will likely start out as a KR/PR and work from there.

With Helu, he can play so many positions as well. He could easily end up being a LB or safety at UNL. He was actually recruited as a safety by some schools.

Castille needs to realize, we are bringing in ATHLETES. Just because you are recruited to a position, doesn't mean you will stay there. If someone beats you out, or you are floundering at one position, we will find a position for you somewhere. It's something most major programs do, and it seems more successful when it's done by RB's.

Castille needs to adopt the mentality of bring on everybody, because I will beat them out. Look at these players who go to Texas, Florida, USC, etc., year after year. It's something that gets lost about these players who go to those schools year after year. They know the competition they will face, but they simply don't care. It's a winning attitude.