HB Quentin Castille

with the stats he put up the last few games of the season.... I am thinking this guy might actually be a RB for us, afterall we don't use a FB a whole lot for anything besides blocking. If someone is thinking he is too slow, i am guessing that 40 time is deceiving, he is probably a bit faster than that. or everyone else is a bit slower than the 4.4 they have listed. Its always nice having the game breaker, but if you can get 4-5 yards through heavy traffic it can be just as effective.

They are now looking at him as an every down back. When they first started recruiting him they said he'd be a great short yardage back but he has proved this season that he is an every down type. I would hope he can redshirt and be the third back behind Lucky and Glenn after that redshirt year.

The way this kid has progressed and the sick stats he's putting up, at 240 pounds when it's all said and done could be the gem of our recruiting class.

can you post any of the good stuff so we all can share?

here's some tidbits on his last couple of games

Week 10 (6-4) Bulldogs 52 - (3-7) Dobie 41

Well, this game was not as close as the score indicates because the Bulldogs were never really in any jeopardy of losing this one. The highlight would have to be Quentin Castille's 6 touchdowns and 275 rushing yards. Defesnsively the Dogs gave up some big plays in the 4th quarter that allowed the Longhorns to close the gap, but it didn't really matter at that point as the crowd bailed out of the stadium to escape the pouring rain with just a few minutes remaining.

Week 11 (7-4) Bulldogs 56 - (6-5) Port Arthur Memorial 27

The Bulldogs controlled this game from the 2nd quarter on and never looked back. Quentin Castille had another stellar game with over 250 yards rushing. AJ Kempf played well on offense and defense, catching a TD pass and intercepting a pass as well as sacking the Titan QB several times. There was a good crowd supporting the Dogs and that will need to continue next week against Brazoswood.

I agree Spartness that Castille is way too good to just be used as a fullback. However, I would like to see a way to implement the other backs into the fullback role every now and then to get another mismatch on the field. I would like to see Glenn, Wilson, and Castille at the fullback position everynow and then and then get them some carries from there.