Cam Mack and Dachon Burke Suspended Indefinitely

I can see Burke leaving as a grad transfer no matter if Hoiberg wants him back or not.  He was recruited by a different coach into a completely different system.  He didn't really have a choice to leave after Miles was fired.  If he left, he would have had to appeal to the NCAA for immediate eligibility or lose a season (play 3 in 5 years).  And we all know how silly the NCAA can be about appeals.

Mack is going to be a tough call.  Does his on court talent out weigh the off court BS?  There is no doubting the on court talent and potential but he's not Michael Jordan so you can't have a different set of rules for him like the Bulls did and you also can't have your point guard getting suspended constantly.  If the off court BS had been early in the year and he had shown signs of maturing through the year, I think it would be a no brainer that he stays, but it has been the opposite. 

Cam Mack is a great player and has the talent to be really good.  I'm not sure in year 3 or 4 if I guy the size of CM gets recruited to Lincoln.  I think there is a good chance that the staff would rather bring in an extra transfer and not deal with the headache that will continue for the next 2 years.  There are a lot of unknowns when bringing this many young guys in for the first season and the staff likes what they see in the 3 sit out players that will be eligible and playing next season.

56 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Cam Mack is a great player and has the talent to be really good.  I'm not sure in year 3 or 4 if I guy the size of CM gets recruited to Lincoln.  I think there is a good chance that the staff would rather bring in an extra transfer and not deal with the headache that will continue for the next 2 years.  There are a lot of unknowns when bringing this many young guys in for the first season and the staff likes what they see in the 3 sit out players that will be eligible and playing next season.

A lot will depend on what he did.  If it is due to being late to practice and meeting, I can see him back for a while. 

58 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

A lot will depend on what he did.  If it is due to being late to practice and meeting, I can see him back for a while. 

My guess is that the most recent suspension is something more serious.  They were already in Minneapolis and got sent home.

• Fire 1