What will the game result be?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Indiana single digit win
    • Indiana double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/2020 at 01:29 AM

Could somebody please explain to me how/why we are in the position we are, lacking players with an extremely short bench? I understand that 2 players were recently suspended but still that is only 9 players before that. I guess I haven’t paid attention but Indy has 15 players there. How in the world do we get to where we need 2 football guys just to make 9?

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Could somebody please explain to me how/why we are in the position we are, lacking players with an extremely short bench? I understand that 2 players were recently suspended but still that is only 9 players before that. I guess I haven’t paid attention but Indy has 15 players there. How in the world do we get to where we need 2 football guys just to make 9?

We have 5 players redshirting & one player transferred midseason.

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah...they are a short bench but in the end good teams don't really play more than 8 guys in their rotation.  

Well yeah, I’d rather have 8 good players than 15 available but the “good” teams qualifier obviously doesn’t apply to us.

5 guys redshirting, 2 suspensions and a transfer pretty much explains my question. Obviously it was a conscious choice by FH to throw this season away by not wavering on the 5 redshirts. I don’t have a problem with that, just didn’t realize that’s what was happening.