Spring Practice Pressers

Chins was pretty frank about specific players which is always interesting. Kinda called out Jojo and Caleb Tannor for past play (prompted by questions, not just randomly). Made it clear that ideally both Taylor-Britt and Bootle are corners, but that Bootle can easily do both - also seemed pretty clear having to make Taylor-Britt play everywhere last year was not great. Some pretty nice things to say about Keem Green and Ty Robinson.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

After decades of press conferences it seems like somebody at the university or in the media could figure out a way to have the questions heard.    I mean, how hard would it be to pass two or three microphones around the room and have someone control which one is live.   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, NUance said:

After decades of press conferences it seems like somebody at the university or in the media could figure out a way to have the questions heard.    I mean, how hard would it be to pass two or three microphones around the room and have someone control which one is live.   

Yup.  They spend millions on over 400 employees in the athletic dept and they media relations is poor at best.   They really dont have a Sports Info Director.  Their videos are few and far between and pressers are hard to hear and etc.  I dont know why they cant find a media room without all the background chatter.   Sloppy and semi-pro at best.  Used to be much better imo.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Yup.  They spend millions on over 400 employees in the athletic dept and they media relations is poor at best.   They really dont have a Sports Info Director.  Their videos are few and far between and pressers are hard to hear and etc.  I dont know why they cant find a media room without all the background chatter.   Sloppy and semi-pro at best.  Used to be much better imo.  

Weren't you complaining about videos in another thread? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

As for the actual comments by Frost, Chin, Lubick - they were pretty good i guess.  More details but not much to be really learned after the first day.  Frost was humble and fairly matter of fact as usual but he could maybe take more time and questions if we could hear them.  Hope we get more not less info.  Fans need to hear something as no news is usually interpreted as a bad sign.  

I remain hopeful for 8 wins and a bowl.   I am basing this on this being year 3 and returning O line and more defensive speed and hopefully better LB play and average special teams will help a ton!   

• Plus1 2