Spring Practice Pressers

With Vedral leaving and us now being down to 3 scholarship QBs I wonder how much Luke will actually play that Taysom Hill role. Martinez has shown he cannot play a whole year. If he goes down it’s Luke & a true freshman. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Decked said:

With Vedral leaving and us now being down to 3 scholarship QBs I wonder how much Luke will actually play that Taysom Hill role. Martinez has shown he cannot play a whole year. If he goes down it’s Luke & a true freshman. 

luke will probably get some meaningful snaps next year.  Smothers can play Luke role last year as an emergency backup but keep him under 4 games.  Helps that smothers has already been on campus, so I would guess he has a decent grasp for the playbook already.  

6 minutes ago, Toe said:

Briefly?

Yes, but I bet him and the other Qs have got together and went over quite a bit of football.  Also if he is at home he probably is still having online meetings or at least a digital playbook.  If HS coaches are doing this I would imagine colleges are too.  

4 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

just wondering how much help Vederal will be at Rutgers?  Not sure how he fits in with their current QB room?

That remains to be seen but Rutgers qbs are not good.  I’d assume they brought him in with the expectation of him starting.  

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Decked said:

Even though Martinez is injury prone the coaches can’t decide not to play Luke in that capacity  if they believe he will help win games. Every player has a chance to get hurt on every play and yes while some positions tend to have a higher chance of injury, you still have to do what it takes to win games. They need to play whoever wherever to give the team the best chance to win games