QB Heinrich Haarberg

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

30 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Haarberg commit?

• Nebraska
    • Boston College
    • North Dakota State

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He’s listed as a pro style QB, is that wrong?  I can’t imagine a true pro style QB being their #1 guy. 

He ran a laser timed 4.68 in the 40 and is more than capable of running.  They just list him as a pro-style because of the camps he has been too and that there isn't much game film on him.  

He was the best QB at the underclassmen AA combine in San Antonio this last year.   He out performed a lot of the top DT and Pro QBs that are in this current class.  

31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He’s listed as a pro style QB, is that wrong?  I can’t imagine a true pro style QB being their #1 guy. 

Sometimes it's hard to tell where they draw the line.  I don't think he's going to beat Taylor Martinez in a foot race.  But he seems to move plenty well in his Hudl film.  And if he's a 4.6-ish guy that's plenty fast for a QB.

He's one of those guys that even 247 can't really decide where to classify him on their own site.  He's ranked with the Pro guys in the position ratings but his profile lists him as a Dual-Threat.  

I would say he got excellent arm talent and enough of a threat running to be able to make the Frost offense go.

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

Sometimes it's hard to tell where they draw the line.  I don't think he's going to beat Taylor Martinez in a foot race.  But he seems to move plenty well in his Hudl film.  And if he's a 4.6-ish guy that's plenty fast for a QB.

He's one of those guys that even 247 can't really decide where to classify him on their own site.  He's ranked with the Pro guys in the position ratings but his profile lists him as a Dual-Threat.  

I would say he got excellent arm talent and enough of a threat running to be able to make the Frost offense go.

I think there is a 3rd piece that doesn’t get evaluated enough. Some speed is good, arm talent is good, but I think the most important piece is the mental side for a QB. Guys like kellen Moore and colt mccoy dominated college football with decent running, decent arm but great at seeing the field. Where others not good at seeing the field but are super fast or have rocket arm are just ok.

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think there is a 3rd piece that doesn’t get evaluated enough. Some speed is good, arm talent is good, but I think the most important piece is the mental side for a QB. Guys like kellen Moore and colt mccoy dominated college football with decent running, decent arm but great at seeing the field. Where others not good at seeing the field but are super fast or have rocket arm are just ok.

:D

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

I fully understand it's not an exact science.  The answer to my question is typically:

a)  Based on something - from his film it appears he has a pretty strong arm and is pretty accurate.  No, that shouldn't mean by itself he's a "pro-style" QB.  But, sometimes people think so.

or

b)  Someone clicked on that option without any real evidence either way.

From his film, it appears it's probably B.  

On 4/13/2020 at 7:31 PM, HuskermanMike said:

It can also help because Nebraska boys want to play here. We won't have to worry about him in the portal sort of like Vedral.

This comment aged well.

• Haha 6

• Mavric changed the title to QB Heinrich Haarberg
  • seaofred92 pinned this topic