QB Heinrich Haarberg

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

30 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Haarberg commit?

• Nebraska
    • Boston College
    • North Dakota State

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Vince young 6’5 235

Mariota 6’4 225

Trevor Lawrence 6’6 220

Joe Burrow 6’4 220

Herbert 6’6 235

I think all of those guys could run Frosts system and run it well.  Moving forward hopefully we don’t have to run the qb bad much with an improving OL and better playmakers on the perimeter.  

Yea Herbert was an overlooked kid from Eugene with a similar skillset and look how he turned out. Not saying he will have a similar career but Frost and Verdu have an eye for QB talent. As for running QBs we do not need blazing guys to be effective. They just have to get the tough yards when we need them and they should distribute the ball well. 

To your second point, the qb run was too predictable this year and we overused it from what I saw. With a better stable of backs and Duck Rs I hope that changes. Taking Haarberg is definitely not a reach as he was getting interest from other teams across the country. 

30 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Yea Herbert was an overlooked kid from Eugene with a similar skillset and look how he turned out. Not saying he will have a similar career but Frost and Verdu have an eye for QB talent. As for running QBs we do not need blazing guys to be effective. They just have to get the tough yards when we need them and they should distribute the ball well. 

To your second point, the qb run was too predictable this year and we overused it from what I saw. With a better stable of backs and Duck Rs I hope that changes. Taking Haarberg is definitely not a reach as he was getting interest from other teams across the country. 

It was predictable bc we had to do it at times to be effective.  I watched the All 22 film of our offense last season and we could not block on the perimeter to save our lives.  So many times it was there we would have 3 on 2 and we couldn’t take advantage of it.  When we start hitting those key screens the box will be lighter and we won’t have to run the Q as much.  But the Q needs to be able to run to keep Defenses honest but shouldn’t be the feature back.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

18 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Sometimes the comments by reporters are just ????   The young man looks very athletic and may be a fine QB but the implication is that he doesnt know much about being a QB.  Thats kind of unfair to say the least.  

There isn't one kid going into their senior year of HS that doesn't need to learn one hell of a lot more about being a QB.  Haarberg probably doesn't know 1/10 of what he will need to know two years from now....and, that's not a knock on him.

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There isn't one kid going into their senior year of HS that doesn't need to learn one hell of a lot more about being a QB.  Haarberg probably doesn't know 1/10 of what he will need to know two years from now....and, that's not a knock on him.

Exactly my point so why bring this up about a Nebraska kid?   They all learn throughout their careers.  

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

You ever make mountains out of mole hills?

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well when we have so damn little positive media (any kind really these days), why not write about the kid’s talents instead of his shortcomings.  The athletic department needs to provide more information of the good kind so the writers have something to highlight is my feeling.  

When you dont have any mountains to talk about. lol

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Well when we have so damn little positive media (any kind really these days), why not write about the kid’s talents instead of his shortcomings.  The athletic department needs to provide more information of the good kind so the writers have something to highlight is my feeling.  

Good LORD...it is a positive thing.  It's saying he's working very hard and learning everything he can about being a QB.

Stop trying to find negative where there isn't any.

I remember the same things being written about McCaffrey when he was at this stage....and probably 2AM also.

28 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Like when he committed and there was 1,000 articles wrote comparing him to Justin Herbert, a top 5 pick in the NFL draft?

• Mavric changed the title to QB Heinrich Haarberg