QB Heinrich Haarberg

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

30 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Haarberg commit?

• Nebraska
    • Boston College
    • North Dakota State

This poll is closed to new votes

Heinrich Haarberg posted his senior highlights recently. But maybe more interesting are the 5-10 minute highlights that he posted of every game this season. One of the most informative about his skills would be their playoff loss to Adams Central. Haarberg is a big, good looking athlete, the type that get drafted early. He's got a big arm and passes really well on the run and under pressure. I was iffy about him as a QB going into this year, but I am pretty sold on him being more than an athlete when I see him play against good competition.

18 hours ago, The_Fan_Man said:

Heinrich Haarberg posted his senior highlights recently. But maybe more interesting are the 5-10 minute highlights that he posted of every game this season. One of the most informative about his skills would be their playoff loss to Adams Central. Haarberg is a big, good looking athlete, the type that get drafted early. He's got a big arm and passes really well on the run and under pressure. I was iffy about him as a QB going into this year, but I am pretty sold on him being more than an athlete when I see him play against good competition.

That makes one of us. I am sold on his athletic ability but I do not view him as a refined QB that isnt going to take a few years of development to hopefully become our QB. The kid is a D1 athlete I just wonder if he ends up being a QB or moving to another position. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

That makes one of us. I am sold on his athletic ability but I do not view him as a refined QB that isnt going to take a few years of development to hopefully become our QB. The kid is a D1 athlete I just wonder if he ends up being a QB or moving to another position. 

Good point.  NU desperately needs a QB with D1 throwing/defense reading ability mkre then they need another D1 athlete.  Hope he develops into what they need.  Seems like a great kid and wish him the best of success here

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I hope your wrong. We already have this in Luke 

• Plus1 1

I'm not QB guru but I'm going to pretend to be right now. Seems like he throws falling backwards at even the slightest hint of pressure. He definitely looks like a big work in progress while being a really good athlete. Smothers is going to really have to step up or Luke/Adrian will have to learn to be better with progressions and accuracy. It's hard to imagine Heinrich being ready to go in his first two years.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I'm not QB guru but I'm going to pretend to be right now. Seems like he throws falling backwards at even the slightest hint of pressure. He definitely looks like a big work in progress while being a really good athlete. Smothers is going to really have to step up or Luke/Adrian will have to learn to be better with progressions and accuracy. It's hard to imagine Heinrich being ready to go in his first two years.

Exactly, he has raw tools such as fantastic arm strength but mechanics etc will need some tweaking as well as footwork. IE What Coach Verdu says he is doing with Adrian and Luke and to a lesser extent Smothers...

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Had a hard time deciding between +1 or laughing face

Which is why I support a new QB Coach. We have had this issue for freaking ever regarding QB fit. We have QBs that can run option football...the issue is we throw the damn ball or Frost wants to throw it obviously. Concepts are sound we are just unable to execute. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'm not saying that he's Trevor Lawrence or Justin Herbert. I'm just much more encouraged by his film than I thought that I'd be. The one thing that really excites me about Haarberg's prospects as a QB is that ability to drive the ball in on a deep out. We haven't had a guy that could physically do that since Tanner Lee. Obviously his lower body is a mess and he fades away on too many passes, but when he's balanced and takes that short step into a throw, it's so much better than what we've had. I don't think he needs to be broken down and rebuilt.

It's really all about how quickly he can understand the offensive concepts and how well he can quickly decipher a defense. That's a big leap from Class C. I don't see him on the field in the next two years, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in front of Smothers at some point.

14 hours ago, The_Fan_Man said:

I'm not saying that he's Trevor Lawrence or Justin Herbert. I'm just much more encouraged by his film than I thought that I'd be. The one thing that really excites me about Haarberg's prospects as a QB is that ability to drive the ball in on a deep out. We haven't had a guy that could physically do that since Tanner Lee. Obviously his lower body is a mess and he fades away on too many passes, but when he's balanced and takes that short step into a throw, it's so much better than what we've had. I don't think he needs to be broken down and rebuilt.

It's really all about how quickly he can understand the offensive concepts and how well he can quickly decipher a defense. That's a big leap from Class C. I don't see him on the field in the next two years, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in front of Smothers at some point.

We can agree on the vast majority of that. I do think Smothers has the ideal tool kit for what Frost is trying to do. Adrian has it in here and there but really struggles on making progressions. Luke is a gamebreaker the issue is he needs to be out wide or in the backfield opposite Wandale. The biggest thing and something that is the reason these coaches get paid the big bucks is to breakdown bad habits and tendencies and replace them with good ones when a kid is put in the fire. We have seen Adrians mechanics go to all hell when pressured at times and he resorts back to bad habits. It isnt a job I would want to have on this staff lol 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Heinrich Haarberg
  • 1 month later...

I don't remember if this has been noted before but he tied Kearney Catholic's school record in the high jump and broke the record for the 200 meters as a sophomore.  Junior track season was cancelled and now he'll skip his senior year.  Was also close to the record in the 100.