Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

19 hours ago, Ulty said:

Our campus (G5 school) has been preparing contingencies for having staff work remotely, and faculty were already ordered to move all classes online earlier this week. Just moments ago, the governor of Ohio ordered all K-12 schools on a 3 week spring break starting Monday night, so that will probably trigger the other dominoes to fall, and I'll be working at home come Tuesday since my kids will have nowhere to go.

Our campus just moved to on-line.  Students can still live in the dorms and cafeterias will remain open with limited hours.  I'm still working on campus...for now.

On 3/12/2020 at 1:46 PM, Ziebol said:

Can you give a TLDR cause Joe Rogan gives me migraines.

Somebody added a clickable time/subject list in the YT comments section.

I pasted them to the bottom of the video on my previous post (above yours) and bolded the ones that surprised me.

I still doubt the disease itself will ''ruthlessly kill'' you like other viruses we've had, but The kill rate comparisons may be artificially low compared to other forms of influenza because the corona infestation is just at the beginning of it's bell curve.

The thought that in many cases, infected individuals can pass this on to others (weeks?) before they even show symptoms themselves added to the (fact?) that warmer weather will not kill this one like most flu strains makes me wonder about lost football seasons, or much worse.

I guess the best we can do is to try to slow it down enough for the medical community and resources to keep up.    

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HUSKER 37 said:

I pasted them to the bottom of the video on my previous post (above yours) and bolded the ones that surprised me.

I still doubt the disease itself will ''ruthlessly kill'' you like other viruses we've had, but The kill rate comparisons may be artificially low compared to other forms of influenza because the corona infestation is just at the beginning of it's bell curve.

The thought that in many cases, infected individuals can pass this on to others (weeks?) before they even show symptoms themselves added to the (fact?) that warmer weather will not kill this one like most flu strains makes me wonder about lost football seasons, or much worse.

I guess the best we can do is to try to slow it down enough for the medical community and resources to keep up.    

This here is inaccurate information and this kind of crap is what spreads fear and makes it worse then it really is. They don’t know if it will die off when the warmer weather comes around it’s too early to tell with the virus right now but they did say it will more then likely die off when the weather gets warmer as most viruses do.

Assuming the Norway doctors are correct in their tests that the vaccines they tested produced a 100% survival rate and Pfizer / Bayer will massively produce the med right away, the mortality will be dramatically cut within a month.    Testing is being ramped up incredibly fast.  This whole thing could be on the decline by June 1.  Its rare in these types of crisis that fed govt does much to help but in just 60 days from first reports action is well underway and hysterical overreaction by people will subside eventually.  

All the cancellations of practically every community activities MAY not make much real difference in the numbers of actual fatalities but it could have a calming effect if people feel safer by staying home.   The economic impact will be worse than 911 attacks but the good news is the underlying economy was a strong as ever with great fwd momentum.  The congress will try to play politics but will act and FED will respond as well.  

1 hour ago, HUSKER 37 said:

22 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

This here is inaccurate information and this kind of crap is what spreads fear and makes it worse then it really is. They don’t know if it will die off when the warmer weather comes around it’s too early to tell with the virus right now but they did say it will more then likely die off when the weather gets warmer as most viruses do.

That's why I added the question marks.