Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

On 3/15/2020 at 11:29 PM, Mavric said:

That is not education.  

If someone from Australia traveled to China, contracted the virus and returned to Australia, that's proof that climate has nothing to do with it? 

That is the opposite of education.

If the heat or temperature affected the virus there would not be a spread, the host and maybe a few contacts would be affected.  pretty sure the rise in confirmed cases and deaths debunks your theory... again education...

9 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

You get EASILY offended and it’s f%&king hilarious. I post one tweet not directed toward you and you lose your marbles over it especially since he has Christian in his bio than TRY to mocking me about my speakers. 

Maybe during this pandemic you could grow some thicker skin bud lol

Cheers!!!

Nothing you say offends me.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Oregon police ask people to stop calling 911 because they ran out of toilet paper

By Bradford Betz | Fox News

A police department in Oregon is urging people that if they’ve run out of toilet paper, it’s not worth calling 911.  LINK

=======================================================  

Ha ha!   Can this actually be true?  I mean, it is a Fox News article after all.  lol 

• Haha 1

US has over 100 deaths due to covid-19 as of today. For some context, the US spread rate is most similar to Spain and Italy. Spain went over 100 deaths on Mar 13 and is at 533 as of today (4 days later). Italy went over 100 deaths on Mar 4, over 1000 deaths on Mar 12 (8 days later), and is at 2503 as of today (13 days after reaching 100 deaths).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Fire 1

American Hospital Capacity And Projected Need for COVID-19 Patient Care

If the infection curve is not flattened and the pandemic is concentrated in a 6-month period, that would leave a capacity gap of 1,373,248 inpatient beds (274 percent potentially available capacity) and 295,350 ICU beds (508 percent potentially available capacity). If the curve of transmission is flattened to 12 months, then the needed inpatient and ICU beds would be reduced to 137 percent and 254 percent of current capacity. However, if hospitals can indeed reduce current bed occupancy by 50 percent and flatten the transmission curve to 18 months, then the capacity needed would be reduced to 89 percent of inpatient and 166 percent of ICU beds. If the infection rate is only 20 percent (low end of current estimates), we would largely be able to meet the needs for inpatient care if we flatten the curve to 12 months. 

We are at an inflection point and clearly do not have the capacity to care for our population of COVID-19 patients if the infections occur quickly and there is a spike in acutely ill patients. However, spreading the disease out, and providing new strategies to expand the number of beds and the workforce, can help ensure that we get through this difficult period.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, sho said:

Showing the great class divide.  So many wealthy, who admittedly are showing no symptoms, are getting tested, and hospitals serving the working class have no tests. 

The Nets said the paid out of pocket for a private company to administer the tests.  So if I or someone in my family gets sick can I pay this company to do the same?  Or is this only for the rich and famous?

55 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The Nets said the paid out of pocket for a private company to administer the tests.  So if I or someone in my family gets sick can I pay this company to do the same?  Or is this only for the rich and famous?

99% of the time, I would agree with you about if you are willing to pay, you should have access to get it.  That said, there is a time when community need overrides that.  The fact that local hospitals are unable to get the test in that same market and KD and the Nets have access to it, is wrong.  Community health is the priority and doctors and hospitals should have all the tests they need.  If there is a surplus of tests after the need as been met for medical professionals, then John Q Public, can buy it out of pocket if so desired.   That's my issue, there needs to be tests available for all those that need it before those that want it.  With limited supply, in a pandemic, doctors should be able to get the tests they need for those they deem priority, the fact that the Nets were able to buy their way to the front of the line is my problem with this.

Edit @Red Fiveusing your same scenario, imagine you or your family have a need for the test, but a local athlete who is showing no signs, buys the last test before your local doctor could get it and use it, would you be OK with that?

• Plus1 2
50 minutes ago, sho said:

99% of the time, I would agree with you about if you are willing to pay, you should have access to get it.  That said, there is a time when community need overrides that.  The fact that local hospitals are unable to get the test in that same market and KD and the Nets have access to it, is wrong.  Community health is the priority and doctors and hospitals should have all the tests they need.  If there is a surplus of tests after the need as been met for medical professionals, then John Q Public, can buy it out of pocket if so desired.   That's my issue, there needs to be tests available for all those that need it before those that want it.  With limited supply, in a pandemic, doctors should be able to get the tests they need for those they deem priority, the fact that the Nets were able to buy their way to the front of the line is my problem with this.

Edit @Red Fiveusing your same scenario, imagine you or your family have a need for the test, but a local athlete who is showing no signs, buys the last test before your local doctor could get it and use it, would you be OK with that?

I 100% agree with you.  I wasn't stating what they did was right.  I was just stating what they did.  And I was wondering who else can get these private tests.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I 100% agree with you.  I wasn't stating what they did was right.  I was just stating with they did.  And I was wondering who else can get these private tests.

Excellent question, and I would like to know why they are available and not being sold to hospitals and medical facilities exclusively right now?  I wonder if it is an FDA approval delay?